Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
lmao

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Most people complain that Nolan always tells the audience rather than show; now he uses something unconventional - sound - to tell a story and people want to hear the dialogue.
You know what, people complain that Nolan doesn't use the whole "Show don't tell" style of writing... but the thing is, his narratives are so complex that if he didn't tell the audience, they would have no idea what the hell was going on. Which says a lot, because a lot of people still don't know what the hell is happening even while Nolan does tell so much. It's a necessity in his writing, it has to be there.

oracle86 wrote:
Ali Arikan @aliarikan
TARS. (via @kaist455)
:clap:
brb... going to buy kitkats.

hotsauce32 wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:I saw it at the Boeing IMAX in Seattle, and there were several moments where the subwoofers were blaring their undertones during entirely inappropriate, intimate dialogue scenes. The D-IMAX presentation I went to did not have that problem.
It could very well just be a problem with the theaters cranking everything to 11 for no good reason. Part of me wants to see this movie as much as possible on the big screen, but part of me also can't wait to see it on Blu-ray so I have control over the sound instead of some 15 year old moron in the projection room.
Projectionist here, all IMAX theaters have to keep the volume at a certain preset level, determined by the people at IMAX. We're not allowed to increase or decrease it at all. Also, not sure if it's the same nationwide, but in California, you have to be 18 to be in the projection booth.
That might be the case, but I've seen Interstellar twice on the same IMAX screen and it was much louder the second time around. Someone fucked with the volume level, which is a shame. It was fine the first time around. Today I watched it at a different theater and the sound was much better, more like my first experience in IMAX instead of the second one.

lsg
danny wrote:

0:52 matt damon's voice?
Although it does sound a lot like him that was TARS

I actually thought TARS was voiced by Damon until Cooper woke him up. Woops.

the_red_ninja wrote:I actually thought TARS was voiced by Damon until Cooper woke him up. Woops.
TARS is voiced by Bill Irwin. CASE is voiced by Josh Stewart.

genloovers wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:I actually thought TARS was voiced by Damon until Cooper woke him up. Woops.
HOLY CRAP!!! Barsad is CASE.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
genloovers wrote:
Yeah, lol. I think it's really great that these amazing actors are taking small roles/voice roles. It really goes to show you how much they respect Nolan.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
genloovers wrote:
I didn't recognise Josh' voice. Lol