Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
All great pieces of trivia. Nice to see Nolan wanting to go for a lighter touch.

I keep seeing a lot of people across the web who are getting what Nolan said confused with what he meant. This isn't going to be some Disney film. This is still Christopher Nolan film. Did they even watch the teaser? We're dealing with some pretty heavy and dire themes here. The "family friendly" comment was in regards to tone, and in that case one could say Inception is family friendly in tone aside from a few scenes. Plus things have changed in our society since the mid 80's. Kids are used to seeing darker and more violent movies. This isn't going to be some fluff cake film, rather he's harkening back to the special cinematic feeling he had when he saw those films when he was younger. He wants to bring that back.

shadoW wrote:Man, I couldn't be happier with this, from the spaceship aspect and epic scope of it all to the massive set building and unique sound design. I was really looking forward to this movie, but now I'm fully aboard the hype train :clap:

I remember watching SW and Indiana Jones as a kid and feeling something 'different'. There's a palpable cinematic experience, as corny as it sounds. If Interstellar comes even close to that... Oh boy.
I'm with you brother. 8-)

Very happy with the little bits of info we got from Nolan. It isn't much, but it's exciting nonetheless. It seems like this movie is really going to be a special experience and I'm curious to find out more about the technical advances (to be) made - specifically the "unique approach" to the sound mixing. And while the different tone and feel of the movie/story only makes me more eager to watch the final product, I hope we'll still get the non-linear structure that Nolan is known for. Either way, I know he'll present a world that feels real and it could actually exist, no matter how "fantastical" it sounds, and that's one of the things I enjoy in Nolan's films.

And at least we got a confirmation from the man himself that he combined some of his own ideas to the script. That will probably make the doubters a bit more relieved.

Allstar wrote:Any chance of a PG rating? He did describe it as family friendly after all.

Some nice hints were mentioned. It is going to be really special movie from him. Period. And Matthew :clap:

Does anybody know if the full interview is online? I've only seen snippets here and there. Sounds like Matthew M is still on his incredible roll with this performance. Great, I am missing Rust Cohle desperately.

I just want to say, on behalf of girls and women everywhere, that we all hope this film will not be so "family-friendly" that it does not contain shots of Matthew at least shirtless and preferably pantsless as well.
And that zero G scene between Cooper and Brand better be in there!

@3:37 mins. my heart just stopped :shock:

Last edited by ANONIMNIQ on June 26th, 2019, 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

:facepalm:

Listen to it again, guys.