Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
troncat wrote:
b4ben11 wrote: Boyhood is NOT a masterpiece. It is a cute movie compared to Interstellar
Besides the fact that you probably haven't seen either of these two films making it ridiculous to compare them, I'm interested in how you define "masterpiece" - Are you one of those superficial turds that thinks anything seemingly serious, and/or grandiose in scope and subject matter is what constitutes "masterpiece"? Please.

You're the reason the term "epic" has been so degraded today, in that it has become a descriptor exclusive of overwrought genre filmmaking.

How about this: ***Boyhood is a more honest and HUMAN movie compared to Interstellar***

And even if it was only "cute" compared to Interstellar, I am willing to bet you that it is still most likely the better film.

But that won't matter to you, because you're a Nolanite - You'd rather an overwrought, obnoxious, contrived, artificial, and emotionally manipulative film than one that captures profundity in its honesty, intimacy, and simplicity. Enjoy that, cretin.
0/10 you played your hand too quickly. Now shoo fly, back to imdb with you.

ChristNolan wrote:
troncat wrote:
b4ben11 wrote: Boyhood is NOT a masterpiece. It is a cute movie compared to Interstellar
Besides the fact that you probably haven't seen either of these two films making it ridiculous to compare them, I'm interested in how you define "masterpiece" - Are you one of those superficial turds that thinks anything seemingly serious, and/or grandiose in scope and subject matter is what constitutes "masterpiece"? Please.

You're the reason the term "epic" has been so degraded today, in that it has become a descriptor exclusive of overwrought genre filmmaking.

How about this: ***Boyhood is a more honest and HUMAN movie compared to Interstellar***

And even if it was only "cute" compared to Interstellar, I am willing to bet you that it is still most likely the better film.

But that won't matter to you, because you're a Nolanite - You'd rather an overwrought, obnoxious, contrived, artificial, and emotionally manipulative film than one that captures profundity in its honesty, intimacy, and simplicity. Enjoy that, cretin.
0/10 you played your hand too quickly. Now shoo fly, back to imdb with you.
Even on IMDb, it is impossible to escape the plague that is Nolanitis.

Responding in a serious fashion to an 11 year old troll, how cute.

troncat wrote:
Besides the fact that you probably haven't seen either of these two films making it ridiculous to compare them, I'm interested in how you define "masterpiece" - Are you one of those superficial turds that thinks anything seemingly dramatic, serious, and/or grandiose in scope and subject matter is what constitutes "masterpiece"? Please.

But that won't matter to you, because you're a Nolanite - You'd rather an overwrought, obnoxious, contrived, artificial, and emotionally manipulative film than one that captures beauty and profundity in its honesty, intimacy, and simplicity. Enjoy that, cretin.
troncat wrote: Even on IMDb, it is impossible to escape the plague that is Nolanitis.
Olala.

troncat wrote: Even on IMDb, it is impossible to escape the plague that is Nolanitis.
Really? Then why are you people here

Come on, troncat. Let's finish this the way we started it... TOGETHER!

As the culpable party who brought up the topic, and as a crazed Nolanite AND a devoted Linklaterian, I repeat that these two films will (crystal ball gazing) be THE two movies of the year. They will both be masterpieces that go down in the annals of film history. They will be the big rivals for the Oscar, but I think Interstellar will win as I am slightly more a Nolanite than a Linklaterian (and I think Interstellar will have a much bigger Oscar campaigning budget than Boyhood will). And I think it's a sign of cosmic forces liking a big, fat coincidence that Interstellar will star an actor that Linklater discovered.

PEACE!!

Lets not make this into a thread for Boyhood. But since it has been brought up and declared a masterpiece by many I thought I would contribute. Boyhood is an interesting film and a very good one but lets not get carried away. The fact that the film was shot over a period of 12 years seems to overshadow the film itself. Now 12 years seems very impressive but the film was actually shot in 36 days. The plot of the film is not that interesting. In fact there isn't much of a plot. Nothing really happens over the course of the film except the people involved are ageing. The acting was solid when it comes to the adults. The children however was just bad. The cinematography and the score of the film was nothing ground breaking. However the amount of work and passion Richard Linklater have put into the film is admirable. I really like the guy and he seems to be a great person. But to declare a film a masterpiece the acting, direction, cinematography, editing and score has to be top notch. I really enjoyed the film but Boyhood is hardly a masterpiece.

troncat wrote:Even on IMDb, it is impossible to escape the plague that is Nolanitis.
So basically... to escape the plague that is Nolanitis you decided to subscribe to Nolanfans?

Well aren't you a smart guy.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
troncat wrote:Even on IMDb, it is impossible to escape the plague that is Nolanitis.
So basically... to escape the plague that is Nolanitis you decided to subscribe to Nolanfans?

Well aren't you a smart guy.
AMEN