Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Kermode could have an account here. The man is as big of a fan of Nolan as it gets :D

@lcbaseball22

Wife pic and ill tell you if she's prettier than Jessica :thumbup:

Ruth wrote:Lol that Joblo Body Shop site... what a joke. Is there a website where girls can rate McC's butt for instance? No? Oh okay.
Not that I know of, but if anyone is curious about Anne Hathaway's ratings- http://www.joblo.com/hollywood-celebrit ... e-hathaway

BTW, that's just an article feature of the site, and Movie Hotties is just a sub-section of the JoBlo site. As I said it's a great site for movie reviews and news as well.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
Ruth wrote:Lol that Joblo Body Shop site... what a joke. Is there a website where girls can rate McC's butt for instance? No? Oh okay.
Not that I know of, but if anyone is curious about Anne Hathaway's ratings- http://www.joblo.com/hollywood-celebrit ... e-hathaway

BTW, that's just an article feature of the site, and Movie Hotties is just a sub-section of the JoBlo site. As I said it's a great site for movie reviews and news as well.
I know about Joblo, I was referring to the Body Shop section.

lol if Anne's face is 8/10 only, then I must be a 3/10 or something lol. I have to say it's a liiitle bit sexist, you know - rating women, their tits, faces and personalities, like it's some sort of a contest.

Ruth wrote:
lcbaseball22 wrote:

I know about Joblo, I was referring to the Body Shop section.

lol if Anne's face is 8/10 only, then I must be a 3/10 or something lol. I have to say it's a liiitle bit sexist, you know - rating women, their tits, faces and personalities, like it's some sort of a contest.
Remember that we pretty much only ever see Anne when she has professionally done makeup on. while facial structure plays a part, few realize just how much really good makeup changes one's face for the better. Which, of course, is part of a much larger debate on sexism and the images we see that construct our reality...

lcbaseball22 wrote:
Lionheart wrote: @lcbaseball22

Ok, sure why not? I know I'm probably biased but...
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk30 ... 618eab.jpg
She's a pretty lady :thumbup:

And im sorry for the user who hates the tangents of this topic !

Lionheart wrote:
lcbaseball22 wrote:
Lionheart wrote: @lcbaseball22

Ok, sure why not? I know I'm probably biased but...

Thanks! I do realize she has a large nose and some would probably point that out, but at least she's a natural beauty and that's what I find most attractive as far as physical attributes go.
ras_al_deacon wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Remember that we pretty much only ever see Anne when she has professionally done makeup on. while facial structure plays a part, few realize just how much really good makeup changes one's face for the better. Which, of course, is part of a much larger debate on sexism and the images we see that construct our reality...
As far as make-up goes, my wife rarely wears it. Frankly I think it's a viscous cycle with women, they wear makeup to improve their appearance but I think it damages their skin to where they need to keep wearing more and more...this just judging by how terrible some women look without makeup, even celebs (or should I say especially?) :shifty:
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on October 7th, 2014, 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
lcbaseball22 wrote: Ok, sure why not? I know I'm probably biased but...

Thanks! I do realize she has a large nose and some would probably point that out, but at least she's a natural beauty and that's what I find most attractive as far as physical attributes go. Oh, and as far make-up goes, my wife rarely wears it. Frankly I think it's a viscous cycle with women, they wear makeup to improve their appearance but I think it damages their skin to where they need to keep wearing more and more...this just judging by how terrible some women look without makeup, even celebs (or should I say especially?) :shifty:
She's beautiful.

I rarely wear makeup too, but it's not THAT bad, really. You just need to know your skin well and choose the products wisely - know the ingredients and all that shit. Your face usually is an overall reflection of your health and lifestyle - a lot of those celebs with shitty bare faces have other problems, too. The others.. well, we all have our "bad photo" days.

And yes you could call the rating thing sexist, but then what do you call the women who go to movies in droves just to see men shirtless (ie Twilight)? Just because women aren't as overt about sexism, don't mean they aren't sexist too. And what the hell is up with the popularity of this 50 Shades of Grey crap? Is that really how women want to be treated in the bedroom?! I think not. I don't get it, that trailer is the most popular on the net still, and that's really bugging me given what I've read about the series. Women across the world are eating up this smut for some reason and to glamorize the abuse and such I think sends the wrong message, not to mention casts those in the bdsm community who do such things with mutual consent and the utmost respect for each other in a really bad light...

Anyways, sorry for the tangents...
Last edited by lcbaseball22 on October 7th, 2014, 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.