Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Insomniac wrote:
Nomis wrote:http://io9.com/sorry-interstellar-we-ju ... 1699793860
I hate this kind of bitching on Interstellar.
I'm sure Interstellar will be heartbroken when it hears about this.

More "trailer culture" bullshit.
I couldn't agree more guys. I read this yesterday and shook my head. I mean, I'm looking forward to this movie an' all but, has this writer forgotten who is directing it???!!! I am a fan of Ridley but his last several films have been awful although I did enjoy Prometheus despite its many flaws (but only because I love the whole "Alien" universe and I am a Sci-Fi fan in general and not because I thought it was an amazing movie).

This writer should have paused for a moment before he wrote this, and considered how much better Nolan's films are than the ones Ridley has made in the last 5 or so years (and no I ain't being biased, as I said I am generally a Ridley fan too and will support and watch his movies despite knowing that I am going to be disappointed with the results). I am only looking forward to The Martian because it's a Space movie.

Also, did the writer not notice that both Matt Damon AND Jessica Chastain are in this movie too????!!!!! Or did they purposefully choose to ignore that? It may be nothing more than sheer coincidence but if it were me I would drawn attention to it. They obviously have an agenda which involves hatred of Interstellar.

I'll go ahead and say it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to like The Martian more than I did Interstellar.

Why?

DoubleD wrote:I'll go ahead and say it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to like The Martian more than I did Interstellar.
When's the last time Ridley Scott made a great film.

DotDotDotDotDash wrote:Why?
Because the novel was tremendous and the cast they have lined up for this is equally tremendous. I'm also not the biggest fan of Interstellar.
ChristNolan wrote:
DoubleD wrote:I'll go ahead and say it, I'm pretty sure I'm going to like The Martian more than I did Interstellar.
Depends on your likes. I happened to thoroughly enjoy Prometheus and even the Counselor to a certain degree. Haven't seen Exodus yet.

ChristNolan wrote:
Gladiator.

I would argue Black Hawk Down, but that's still 14 years ago.

Not many people will agree but I consider American Gangster a really great movie.