Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
WE GET IT NOLAN THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT YOUR FUCKING KIDS

It's cute as hell all of Nolan's cameos are of his kids but not him.

-Vader

ChristNolan wrote:WE GET IT NOLAN THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT YOUR FUCKING KIDS
ikr like fucking get over yourself

stoifics42 wrote:
Aili wrote:Matthew's son Levi is the little boy whose head Ellen Burstyn caresses in the hospital scene.
And the boy with glasses is one of Nolan's kids:

Oh wow... dork confirmed lol

genloovers wrote:
stoifics42 wrote:
Aili wrote:Matthew's son Levi is the little boy whose head Ellen Burstyn caresses in the hospital scene.
And the boy with glasses is one of Nolan's kids:

Oh wow... dork confirmed lol
And the boy with his back to the camera must be another Nolan son. In the next hospital scene when Coop leaves, Matthew's daughter is being carried by his wife, though you can't see their faces (you can tell cause Matthew's wife has very dark skin and long black hair), in the shot with Ellen Burstyn. Chris and Matthew produced their own (cheap) extras!

Chris told a funny story about how when Matthew had a day off, he'd take his kids and the Nolan kids out exploring and building forts. Chris said "my kids think he's great but he made me look like not as good a father as him".

"I was a bit disappointed...and then I watched it again on Blu-Ray, and I don't know what it was but I loved it the second time."

Bacon wrote:
"I was a bit disappointed...and then I watched it again on Blu-Ray, and I don't know what it was but I loved it the second time."
Definitely got better for me. First time (IMAX) was amazing because, obviously, first time.

Second time (non-IMAX) was crap because of a very rude theater crowd - people answering their phones and saying "what's going on this is so stupid" during critical emotional scenes.

Third time (IMAX) was fantastic because I didn't have to waste any effort picking apart the movie or wondering what was going to happen next, like I did the first time. I could just sit back and take in the emotion of each scene... it was a much more powerful experience.

I had avoided as much of Interstellar in advance as I could. I had only seen some posters, some images and knew the cast of course. I knew they were leaving Earth or that was what the story started but I never thought about the story. The first time was mindblowing, but in some extent also exhausting since I had no idea when the film was halfway or when it was about to end. The second time was more relaxing for me but it was better since everything falls into place and you're able to pick everything up. Third viewing was much later but very very rewarding. It's very rewatchable.

First time for me (non-IMAX) was pretty meh to be honest, because of all the hype and then it turned out to be completely different from what I was expecting.
Second time was amazing (IMAX), because now I knew what to expect, and the IMAX experience made it so much better.
Third time (IMAX again), meh... I know everything going on now.
Then fourth time, months later (IMAX), amazing again.

Quite interesting.

Saw it twice in the cinema, both in Imax. Loved it both times. Everything was pretty simple the second time i saw it, but not the first time. Which didn't bother me. I just wanted to be floored and get some kind of emotional reaction that 1st time even if i didnt get everything. It's Nolan so i know ill be watching his new film over and over.