Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
ComptonTerry wrote:Lucky bastard lol. Doesn't mater because I AM seeing this is full IMAX and I don't have to drive to far either it's only 30 minutes away. Maybe less depending on traffic. But when I saw Prometheus I never knew of IMAX digital I thought it was the real thing until the movie was over and one of my friends said that he thought that was a rip because he had been to an IMAX theater that was more than twice as big. Then I did some research and found out the truth.

Same thing happened to me when I saw Gravity. I thought IMAX was the same everywhere...boy was I wrong

CoRohr wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Lucky bastard lol. Doesn't mater because I AM seeing this is full IMAX and I don't have to drive to far either it's only 30 minutes away. Maybe less depending on traffic. But when I saw Prometheus I never knew of IMAX digital I thought it was the real thing until the movie was over and one of my friends said that he thought that was a rip because he had been to an IMAX theater that was more than twice as big. Then I did some research and found out the truth.

Same thing happened to me when I saw Gravity. I thought IMAX was the same everywhere...boy was I wrong
Haha. LieMAX is still nice though. One thing I like about Interstellar's exclusive IMAX contract is that it guarantees a good size screen for the film until Hobbit 3 comes out in December.

So if I enjoy the film enough, I won't have to feel rushed to run back to the theater to see it on a good size screen. Compare that with most of the summer movies this year where it seemed the IMAX and other premium large format screens were changing week to week because of so many new movies coming out.

cesar1st wrote:New Articles of Interstellar editors on CineMontage Magazine.
Behind the sound design of Interstellar - Richard King, Gary Rizzo, Gregg Landaker
What Does a Wormhole Sound Like?
http://digital.copcomm.com/i/407863/41
How spoilerish? Anything not mentioned in the trailers & featurettes?

To those who've seen the film, in many reviews, Interstellar is getting panned for simplifying the plot near the end of the film...is this true?

KJ007 wrote:To those who've seen the film, in many reviews, Interstellar is getting panned for simplifying the plot near the end of the film...is this true?
I don't think so. :think:

@natalie, What was audience reaction after the film ended?

riddick-danish wrote:@natalie, What was audience reaction after the film ended?
It was a press viewing. Very mixed.

Just a quick question: Does anyone know what format the IMAX Theatre in Sydney projects in? Is is 70MM or digital?
Thanks