Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Aili wrote:It's such a scream that people criticize Interstellar for being "unrealistic" while they praise a goofball cartoon like GotG. Honestly, how dumb are they?

The only criticism of Interstellar I've seen that was amusing was some guy wrote "I think it's rude of Matthew McConaughey to talk during Hans Zimmer's organ concert".

As for Tom getting short shrift, Coop is pretty macho and so is Tom. Tom's a teenager and teenagers don't like physical displays of affection from their parents, especially not guys and their dads. Murph is little and was probably just a very little girl when her mother died so Coop has to be mother and father to her which changes the relationship. Coop feels a lot more protective towards her and that's normal. Tom's independent and Murph isn't. So all that criticism is just pointless.
I agree with your interpretation of that. I also think perhaps he sees his wife through Murph, which adds to his connection with her.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:Image
Right?
Right.

So if I go in with expectations that a movie will be mediocre with little to no ambition and it meets those expectations, it's a good movie? Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hustler wrote:So if I go in with expectations that a movie will be mediocre with little to no ambition and it meets those expectations, it's a good movie? Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hustler wrote:So if I go in with expectations that a movie will be mediocre with little to no ambition and it meets those expectations, it's a good movie? Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Just seen furious 7. i cant belive it has 86 percent on rotten tomatoes.that movie sucked.the action is so over the top with terrible dialogue and michael bayesque ass shots.i cant belive these same critics gave interstellar 72 percent .it just shows that alot of them are harsh on nolan whilst other thigs get a pass for being dumb stupid but fun

Aili wrote: Back to trolling the IMDb for you dude!
The butthurt is strong with some of you guys. What does IMDb have to do with anything? Who gives a flying fuck about IMDb? :eh:
Flawless logic you have there. GotG is not a good movie by my standards. It's just a watchable movie, nothing more. Yet it's still better constructed as a movie than Interstellar.

Demo wrote: Dropping in occasionally in hopes to see news of a new Nolan project that can transcend space and time without the power of love.
Lies.

Demo wrote: Flawless logic you have there. GotG is not a good movie by my standards. It's just a watchable movie, nothing more. Yet it's still better constructed as a movie than Interstellar.
Anyone with common sense wouldn't even say that or at least not even with the tiniest bit of understanding of filmmaking.