Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
During the scene before they enter the wormhole when Romiliy is explaining stuff, and he asks "what's a circle in three dimensions?" if you look closely I swear it really takes a second for Cooper to figure it out and then when he finally says "a sphere" he looks so fucking smug and proud of himself ill admit it made me question Coopers capability to get them through the mission

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:During the scene before they enter the wormhole when Romiliy is explaining stuff, and he asks "what's a circle in three dimensions?" if you look closely I swear it really takes a second for Cooper to figure it out and then when he finally says "a sphere" he looks so fucking smug and proud of himself ill admit it made me question Coopers capability to get them through the mission
his school/college was a long time ago. he must've forgot.

If somebody here have read The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, the character of Mann from Interstellar in some weird, but strongly way reminds me Jeff Spender from the Fourth Expedition.

David Poland has a sneak peek from an upcoming Zimmer interview up on his Youtube page. I sure hope he mentions that he found the score to be "the most relentless or agonizing aural experience in a film ever".

Fraud.

Who the fuck is David Poland?

Ah that guy. Full interview is up now, by the way.

Remember how Kip Thorne said he's get a couple papers written from the SFX work in the film? Those papers are now available:

Visualizing the Wormhole: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1502.03809v1.pdf

Visualizing Gargantua: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1502.03808v1.pdf

The Gargantua paper has some neat images on pages 25 & 26, showing what Gargantua would have looked like if they hadn't removed the Doppler shift or slowed the spin for the final product.

1. The Gargantua we know & love. Spin reduced to 0.6 c, Doppler/brightness shift removed.

2. Spin set to 0.999 c (the actual spin), Doppler/brightness shift removed.

3. Spin reduced to 0.6 c, Doppler/brightness shift added.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/ ... t-one-free
When INTERSTELLAR came out last year, seeing it in IMAX was a must. The experience was completely amazing. So we're happy to report that it's coming back for a special encore presentation!

Next Saturday, February 21 at 3pm, INTERSTELLAR returns in its full IMAX glory at select AMCs, followed by 12 minutes of never-before-seen footage.

Even better, when you buy one ticket to this encore showing, you get the second one free! This deal is only available at the box office, so make sure to get there early to avoid being sold out. Plus, the first 300 guests at the showing will take home a gorgeous, limited edition set of INTERSTELLAR prints.

Don’t miss your chance to revisit INTERSTELLAR, or see it in IMAX for the first time. Go to the box office and prepare for take off!

Here's the list of AMCs you can see the film at!

SAN FRAN/SAN JOSE
Metreon 16
Cupertino Square 16
Saratoga 14
NYC
Kips Bay 15
34th Street 14
New Brunswick 18
Palisades 21
Stony Brook 17

LOS ANGELES
Burbank 16

BOSTON
Assembly Row 12

SEATTLE
Alderwood 16
Kent Station 14

PITTSBURGH
Waterfront 22

BALTIMORE
Columbia Mall 14

DENVER
Westminster Promenade 24

COLUMBUS, OH
Lennox 24

MADISON, WI
Fitchburg 18

WASHINGTON, DC
Rio Cinemas 18

MIAMI
Sunset Place 24

PHILADELPHIA
Cherry Hill 24

MINNEAPOLIS
Southdale Ctr 16

INDIANAPOLIS
Indianapolis 17

DALLAS
Parks at Arlington 18

TULSA
Southroads 20

ATLANTA
Barrett Commons 14

CHICAGO
Naperville 16

SPOKANE
River Park Square 20

OKLAHOMA CITY
Quail Springs Mall 24

ORLANDO
Altamonte Mall 18

TUCSON
Foothills 15

See you at the movies!
12 minutes of never-before-seen footage?

No AMC's near me... :(
And new footage? What the fuuuuck?