Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
LeoCobb wrote:By the way, the film has two different spacecrafts (Rangers): The Ranger that we know (with Endurance) and the other one that appears at the end, when Cooper goes in search of the Brand. The cockpit looks different...

PS: sorry my bad english
That's a mini-Ranger

LeoCobb wrote:By the way, the film has two different spacecrafts (Rangers): The Ranger that we know (with Endurance) and the other one that appears at the end, when Cooper goes in search of the Brand. The cockpit looks different...

PS: sorry my bad english
They have at least 50 years between them, so they should look different. :D

In an interview with Jonah Nolan he states that the wormhole closes once Cooper is spit out at the end. He goes on to say that the end (going to Brand) is that much more exciting and difficult. I Think I either misread or the point was lost as it would be impossible for Cooper to reach Brand is the new Ranger. I had not seen anything else about the wormhole closing. Wouldn't "they" closing it shooting their ancestors in the foot? It seems the entire uplifting ending hinges on the radical jump in tech and knowledge from the quantum data learned. It sets up the eventual habitation of Edmund planet.

@antovolk & @Oneironaut

LOL. Vero!

Latterlon wrote:
In an interview with Jonah Nolan he states that the wormhole closes once Cooper is spit out at the end. He goes on to say that the end (going to Brand) is that much more exciting and difficult. I Think I either misread or the point was lost as it would be impossible for Cooper to reach Brand is the new Ranger. I had not seen anything else about the wormhole closing. Wouldn't "they" closing it shooting their ancestors in the foot? It seems the entire uplifting ending hinges on the radical jump in tech and knowledge from the quantum data learned. It sets up the eventual habitation of Edmund planet.
Wasn't he actually talking about the... old script, not the movie?

Ruth wrote:
Latterlon wrote:
Correct. Jonah's interview response, when read closely, clearly shows he was not talking about the final film:

http://www.reddit.com/r/interstellar/co ... ally_mean/

stoifics42 wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Latterlon wrote:
Correct. Jonah's interview response, when read closely, clearly shows he was not talking about the final film:

http://www.reddit.com/r/interstellar/co ... ally_mean/
Ha! Knew it. There's no reason for us to think the wormhole is gone, it's open to interpretation (I guess), but I like to think it's still there.

Ha! Knew it. There's no reason for us to think the wormhole is gone, it's open to interpretation (I guess), but I like to think it's still there.[/quote]

In my head, Cooper station (with many other stations) stays on one side of wormhole and humans use rangers to go to Edmunds on the other side of the wormhole and live on it.

Basically, humanity tuns wormhole into platform 9 3/4 for travelling between two galaxies.

I will see this for the second time in a week or two.

I am 100% sure, and so is my friend, that I ( and he) am/are going to cry A LOT when Murph says "stay" to Cooper in the scene where he leaves. That whole scene including the perfect take-off to the Endurance is so powerful. I will cry like a little bitch. Again when
Cooper is in the Tesseract and when the film is over. Crying of how perfect it all is and what an amazing journey it was.