Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Heard through the grapevine that there's an English cam rip out there now. Expectedly bad quality, but watchable enough if one's main concern is trying to remember a line of dialogue or what not.

Hustler wrote:Heard through the grapevine that there's an English cam rip out there now. Expectedly bad quality, but watchable enough if one's main concern is trying to remember a line of dialogue or what not.
Might as well wait for the script in that case. Cam Rips are an absolute rape of the art of cinematography.

I actually think cam rips enhance the viewing experience of certain movies. Creates an immersive, documentary like feeling. Look forward to seeing if that's the case with interstellar.

Another profile on Nolan - this one's from The Telegraph -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... ellar.html

Here's an interesting except :
Liam Neeson hinted at the difficulties of working with a director whose commitment to secrecy is such that he even keeps his actors in the dark about the film they’re shooting. “He takes it to another extreme,” Neeson said of his role in The Dark Knight Rises. “I went and shot a scene for two hours with Christian Bale. There was a set, and Christian was tied up. I said, ‘Chris, what am I doing?’ ‘Um… well, just walk forward, and say the lines, walk back, and that’ll be it, really.’ I said, ‘What the f---? Tell me the story!’ ‘Um… I’d prefer not to, really.’ Okay, don’t mind me — I’m just an actor.”

BlairCo wrote:
Hustler wrote:Heard through the grapevine that there's an English cam rip out there now. Expectedly bad quality, but watchable enough if one's main concern is trying to remember a line of dialogue or what not.
Might as well wait for the script in that case. Cam Rips are an absolute rape of the art of cinematography.
Agreed 100%. But waiting for the video release is a rape of my heart. Mind you I've seen it twice now (once IMAX) and plan to see it one more time in IMAX and who knows how many more times in regular digital at my local theater. Still, once it's out of theaters that wait is going to be unbearable. Reminds me of desperately clinging to The Dark Knight cam rips as each one got progressively better in quality.

kanjisheik wrote:Another profile on Nolan - this one's from The Telegraph -
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... ellar.html

Here's an interesting except :
Liam Neeson hinted at the difficulties of working with a director whose commitment to secrecy is such that he even keeps his actors in the dark about the film they’re shooting. “He takes it to another extreme,” Neeson said of his role in The Dark Knight Rises. “I went and shot a scene for two hours with Christian Bale. There was a set, and Christian was tied up. I said, ‘Chris, what am I doing?’ ‘Um… well, just walk forward, and say the lines, walk back, and that’ll be it, really.’ I said, ‘What the f---? Tell me the story!’ ‘Um… I’d prefer not to, really.’ Okay, don’t mind me — I’m just an actor.”
Neeson was very good in that scene, especially since he apparently had no context of how his scene fit into the film.

Happy Birthday to Mackenzie Foy who turned 14 on 10th November 2014