Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I'm super curious how Nolan's central themes are furthered or explored even more here. Failing a woman, distortion of memories, perception, time.

I kinda woder if I guessed the plot twist of Interstellar based on one simple plot point, lol.

Basically Coop and Anne's character fall in love during the space voyage and they tap dat ass (it's confirmed they have sex). Towards the end of the film they have a child (Murphy), Anne eventually dies, and they unfortunately fail at their mission to save Earth.

Coop realizes the only way to try to save earth is if he goes back in time and tries again (because we know its about time travel) So Coop brings Murphy through a warm hole, leading back to before the beginning of the film. It turns out this isn't the first time Coop has voyaged into space, he's done so multiple times.

So basically, the first act of Interstellar is actually about Coop dealing with the fact that he's already tried to save the earth multiple times, and Murphy serves as a reminder of Anne which causes him a lot of pain. The whole film is actually about Coop's never ending pursuit to try to save the ones he loves, and he dedicates his life to that one sole purpose. The film ends on a positive note, implying that one day Coop will eventually attain enough knowledge and wisdom to succeed at his mission.
For those of you who know the plot, am I correct? Or at least close at all with my prediction?

hotsauce32 wrote:
Miss Darko wrote:That's a pretty epic Nolan picture.

One day he's gonna have a biographical movie made about him and that's gonna be the poster.
Played by Leonardo Dicaprio
LOL! Leo's 40 and Nolan's only 44.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I kinda woder if I guessed the plot twist of Interstellar based on one simple plot point, lol.

Basically Coop and Anne's character fall in love during the space voyage and they tap dat ass (it's confirmed they have sex). Towards the end of the film they have a child (Murphy), Anne eventually dies, and they unfortunately fail at their mission to save Earth.

Coop realizes the only way to try to save earth is if he goes back in time and tries again (because we know its about time travel) So Coop brings Murphy through a warm hole, leading back to before the beginning of the film. It turns out this isn't the first time Coop has voyaged into space, he's done so multiple times.

So basically, the first act of Interstellar is actually about Coop dealing with the fact that he's already tried to save the earth multiple times, and Murphy serves as a reminder of Anne which causes him a lot of pain. The whole film is actually about Coop's never ending pursuit to try to save the ones he loves, and he dedicates his life to that one sole purpose. The film ends on a positive note, implying that one day Coop will eventually attain enough knowledge and wisdom to succeed at his mission.
For those of you who know the plot, am I correct? Or at least close at all with my prediction?
Isn't that the plot of Edge of Tomorrow??

Aili wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I kinda woder if I guessed the plot twist of Interstellar based on one simple plot point, lol.

Isn't that the plot of Edge of Tomorrow??
lol, well in EoT Cruise breaks the cycle. In Interstellar (In my theory which Dodd confirmed is incorrect) Coop doesn't break the cycle, but it ends on a positive note that one day he possibly will.

The 1st of Nol-ember is finally here. I can't believe how long i have waited for this month. My country is getting it on the 14th so I still have a few days of dodging spoilers on Nolanfans.

hotsauce32 wrote:

One day he's gonna have a biographical movie made about him and that's gonna be the poster.
Played by Leonardo Dicaprio
And he still won't win an Oscar ;)

and it's going to star Peter Sarsgaard

I wonder if NolanFans.com will be mentioned in the movie?

zonda wrote:I wonder if NolanFans.com will be mentioned in the movie?

Code: Select all

Jonah browses the internet on his laptop, looking for reviews of Interstellar 3. 
He stumbles upon a site.

Jonah
             Woah, Nolanfans. 
             Chris check this out, you have a fansite.

Christopher puts his cup of tea and IMAX camera down, and heads
over to Jonah.

Christopher 
             Oh cool. Let me have a look. Forum fun? Cool, 
             click on that.

Christopher proceeds to gouge out his eyeballs and eat them.
It's early days but the first draft is almost finished. Kurt Russel is in
negotiations for the lead role.