Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
WARNING WARNING WARNING

Full plot spoilers are up on 4chan's /tv/ board.

stoifics42 wrote:In the original script, the black hole was 1 billion solar masses. I don't know how much that's been changed for the film, but I think it's interesting to look at the possible physical sizes of this thing since the size of the event horizon is proportional to its mass:

Weight in solar masses / Diameter of the black hole / Physical comparison

1,000,000 / 19.68 light-seconds / 4.2x diameter of the sun

10,000,000 / 3.28 light-minutes / 25% larger than the average Mercury-sun distance

100,000,000 / 32.8 light-minutes / Big enough to swallow Mars' orbit

1,000,000,000 / ~5.5 light-hours / Average Pluto-sun distance

10,000,000,000 / 54.67 light-hours / 4x the current Voyager-sun distance

TL;DR: Gargantua is gargantuan.
The one shown in the film doesn't look quite that big relative to the ship. It's hard to tell though.

I advise you (in Bane's voice) to not read the negative reviews especially in specifics before seeing the film. It will affect your overall experience, because then your mind will be programmed to notice these bits of criticism even if they're not true.
LoneCooper wrote:I guess I NT E R S T E L L A R marks the decline of the McConissance. :(
Then victory had defeated him!.

And even if (BIG IF) Interstellar didn't succeed that much critically, it will be highly regarded for the ambition that the Nolans' tried to bring back in this age of filmmaking. And lets not forget this precious fact:

Kubrick made 2001 after finishing a black comedy that dealt with the possibilities of a nuclear annihilation, and Nolan also made Interstellar after finishing a comic book film about the threat of a nuclear annihilation, so That's That :thumbup:.
--------------------------

LoneCooper wrote:I guess I NT E R S T E L L A R marks the decline of the McConissance. :(
This is one of the reasons why I'm rarely on this side of the board... WHAT?! :lol: People are already commenting on the quality of Interstellar without seeing it for THEMSELVES?

Internet opinions are new dogma.

I'm afraid to go on any movie related website. Morons posting spoilers :blank:

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 7th, 2017, 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.