Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
So is it "safe to say" this film is more than likely an overwhelming success? I mean pretty much the majority, if not all, of the reactions from these abundance of screenings are enormously positive. And that positive word of mouth has been around for months before. Obviously, we still have to wait on the official reviews but all signs point to this film being a pretty big winner.*

*Unless we see some crazy drop in opinion when the reviews hit and it tanks critically :lol:

ChristNolan wrote:So is it "safe to say" this film is more than likely an overwhelming success? I mean pretty much the majority, if not all, of the reactions from these abundance of screenings are enormously positive. And that positive word of mouth has been around for months before. Obviously, we still have to wait on the official reviews but all signs point to this film being a pretty big winner.*

*Unless we see some crazy drop in opinion when the reviews hit and it tanks critically :lol:
I think I agree with you but it's safer to wait until Monday when the embargo drops. Fingers crossed, of course. ;)

Imax Plans Biggest-Ever Theatrical Release For Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'
Imax is going all-out to release the upcoming Paramount and Warner Bros. release. "It's the largest release in the history of our company," Greg Foster, CEO of Imax Entertainment and executive vp of Imax Corp., told an analyst call Thursday morning following the release of his company's latest earnings.

Imax plans 770 engagements worldwide for Interstellar, mostly in commercial theaters, as it repays Nolan's loyalty to the giant screen exhibitor. The space drama, which stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathway and Jessica Chastain, will hit Imax theaters on November 5, two days earlier than the domestic wide release on November 7.

The tentpole, to screen in 35mm, 70mm and in Imax 70mm, will then reach theaters in China a week later on November 14. The New York City premiere for Interstellar will be in an Imax theater, and a promotional launch planned for the British Film Institute in London will also be on an Imax screen, Foster noted.

The Toronto-based giant screen exhibitor has also held "taste-maker" screenings ocer the last week at its theaters in New York City and San Francisco and another on Wednesday night at the California Science Center in Los Angeles.

"We're doing everything that we can possibly can. The movie represents most everything that Imax tries to uphold in terms of our brand and the responsibility of the filmmaker and the quality of the film itself," Foster added. Nolan, a fan of the Imax format, shot just over an hour of Interstellar using the company's proprietary cameras.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/i ... ce=twitter

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Imax Plans Biggest-Ever Theatrical Release For Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'
Imax is going all-out to release the upcoming Paramount and Warner Bros. release. "It's the largest release in the history of our company," Greg Foster, CEO of Imax Entertainment and executive vp of Imax Corp., told an analyst call Thursday morning following the release of his company's latest earnings.

Imax plans 770 engagements worldwide for Interstellar, mostly in commercial theaters, as it repays Nolan's loyalty to the giant screen exhibitor. The space drama, which stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathway and Jessica Chastain, will hit Imax theaters on November 5, two days earlier than the domestic wide release on November 7.

The tentpole, to screen in 35mm, 70mm and in Imax 70mm, will then reach theaters in China a week later on November 14. The New York City premiere for Interstellar will be in an Imax theater, and a promotional launch planned for the British Film Institute in London will also be on an Imax screen, Foster noted.

The Toronto-based giant screen exhibitor has also held "taste-maker" screenings ocer the last week at its theaters in New York City and San Francisco and another on Wednesday night at the California Science Center in Los Angeles.

"We're doing everything that we can possibly can. The movie represents most everything that Imax tries to uphold in terms of our brand and the responsibility of the filmmaker and the quality of the film itself," Foster added. Nolan, a fan of the Imax format, shot just over an hour of Interstellar using the company's proprietary cameras.
In fact, the release date of Interstellar in China is November 12.

ChristNolan wrote:So is it "safe to say" this film is more than likely an overwhelming success? I mean pretty much the majority, if not all, of the reactions from these abundance of screenings are enormously positive. And that positive word of mouth has been around for months before. Obviously, we still have to wait on the official reviews but all signs point to this film being a pretty big winner.*

Not to be a cynic but many of the reactions are from anonymous people we don't know anything about. They could be Transformers 4-loving Brett Ratner superfans for all we know.

The most encouraging reactions are still the endorsements from fellow filmmakers like P.T. Anderson, Brad Bird and Edgar Wright.

I think it's safe to say that it's a success. We should probably hold off on the "overwhelming" qualifier.

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 7th, 2017, 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rom wrote:Image
Dayum. That's my favorite one so far.

UnknownVariation wrote: None of the dialogue we've heard so far in the trailers/TV spots gives any indication that it'll be hard to understand
I disagree...
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Imax Plans Biggest-Ever Theatrical Release For Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'

Still no official screen count though? From the sounds of it likely more than Inception's 3,792 theatres?
Last edited by DoubleD on October 23rd, 2014, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from double posting.

lcbaseball22 wrote:
UnknownVariation wrote: None of the dialogue we've heard so far in the trailers/TV spots gives any indication that it'll be hard to understand
I disagree...
Which did you struggle to hear?