Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Ruth wrote:
Law wrote:
Ruth wrote::cry: I'm moving to France
who's with me
me or is that weird
I'm trying to think of a response that wouldn't be even weirder
Let's do a meetup.

Baguettes on me.

From IMDb:
"Interstellar" is the first film ever to star no less than five Academy Award Winners (Oscars). Those are Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Ellen Burstyn and Matt Damon.

Interstellar wrote:From IMDb:
"Interstellar" is the first film ever to star no less than five Academy Award Winners (Oscars). Those are Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Ellen Burstyn and Matt Damon.
I guess it's generally known that Matt Damon is in this movie now? To the point he's considered to be starring in the film? I was under the impression it was some sort of surprise cameo.

yourstrulyinhd wrote:
Interstellar wrote:From IMDb:
I guess it's generally known that Matt Damon is in this movie now? To the point he's considered to be starring in the film? I was under the impression it was some sort of surprise cameo.
Well one way or the other he's in the film. (and they already had interviews with him earlier regarding Interstellar so it's not a surprise cameo. Only the nature of the cameo itself is a surprise)

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 7th, 2017, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rom wrote:This is booklet from a local theater in my country, and it has a page dedicated to Interstellar, full of odd stuff. Notice the picture on the left. Here is rough translation of the article:

November 6
INTERSTELLAR
Fantasy/US, United Kingdom
Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Wes Bentley
Film for those above 12

Not economics and not war... Drought leads our planet to the cruelest food crisis. Mankind is on the verge of vanishing. Engineer Cooper reported that scientists have discovered some area which connects space and time and will allow to overcome cosmic distances. And that's our hero to go to distant and uncharted worlds to find salvation for the whole human race. But for this he would have to part with his children and family. Perhaps forever.
Christopher Nolan's film is currently the most anticipated movie of the year. In the leading role Academy Award winner Matthew McConaughey.

Wow. What city? Where have you seen it? Fan art or...

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 7th, 2017, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Drought leads our planet to the cruelest food crisis."

Yet another realistic possibility this movie has to offer, i.e. a realistic possibility... and, I like how it seems to not be political regarding "Not economics or war." But, I remember reading somewhere that "global economies have failed in the future..." so hopefully that won't be politicized either. I hope this movie is purely timeless and universal.

"Drought leads our planet to the cruelest food crisis."

Yet another realistic possibility this movie has to offer, i.e. a realistic possibility... and, I like how it seems to not be political regarding "Not economics or war." But, I remember reading somewhere that "global economies have failed in the future..." so hopefully that won't be politicized either. I hope this movie is purely timeless and universal.

Ruth wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
Immanuel1824 wrote:
Or perhaps drown in a water tank during a magic trick.
Or killed by the blast of a nuclear bo... oh wait.
Ebola will kill all of us on 6th of November.
Well...