Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Immanuel1824 wrote:
danny wrote:
Immanuel1824 wrote:Hey guys, I've been lurking around since that first Instagram leak of the teaser, and now I want to hop on board to share this little tidbit:
Anne is *confirmed* competing in LEAD Actress at the Oscars, not Supporting. Not sure if Brand was ever considered a lead (at least to the extent Cooper is).
Meanwhile, Matt is (obviously) campaigning for Lead Actor while Jess is going for Supporting.
NOTE: I've heard a lot of hype around Jess on the awards circuits and pundits.

Source: http://www.awardscircuit.com/2014/09/30 ... erstellar/
hathaway vs chastain in supporting actress, they would never do it, they aren't dummies.
Good point.
I guess we'll have to see how Anne fairs against the big girls.
I'm sure she'll certainly give a more layered performance than Bullock in Gravity. 80% of that movie was heavy breathing and panicky grabs of stuff to hold onto. The other 20% was George Clooney being George Clooney.
THIS

EnzoTheBaker wrote: Which was then itself cliché and unnecessary.
Yep. IMO Brand was super cool until
the character swerved into your stereotypical love interest. No need for her to be a love interest just because she's the female lead.
Putting Hathaway in lead is good because it will benefit Chastain who probably has the best chance (weaker category and nature of the character).
Immanuel1824 wrote:There could still be a Rises style
sex scene
although the MPAA even gave that a description of "some sensuality"
Correct.
:clap:
Last edited by TalkOnCorners on September 30th, 2014, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jordan Raup ‏@jpraup 4m4 minutes ago
Overheard something worrisome tonight: "Interstellar is among the best movies ever made. It'll be one of the classics."

Heard it from a studio executive, FYI

LoneCooper wrote:
Overheard something worrisome tonight: "Interstellar is among the best movies ever made. It'll be one of the classics."

How is that "worrisome"?

"Interstellar is among the best movies ever made. It'll be one of the classics."
Sigh.
Other film fans think they know hype. They merely adopted the hype.
NOLAN FANS WERE BORN IN IT.
Molded by it.

trailer 4 tomorrow?

Bacon wrote:
LoneCooper wrote:

How is that "worrisome"?
Because film critics don't like to hear that popular things are among the greatest ever.

Question, guys.
What were the early reviews/hype like for Inception?

Immanuel1824 wrote:Question, guys.
What were the early reviews/hype like for Inception?
Mmmm a few said it was a masterpiece, and I pretty much agree. Then a wave of backlash. Then a wave of backlash to that backlash. Then the film actually came out. It was not as hyped as this though. There's been plenty of people calling this Nolan's best.