Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Vader182 wrote:
The operations manager of a Chicago IMAX theater.

-Vader
Navy Pier? Hell yes.

SquareWatcher wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
The operations manager of a Chicago IMAX theater.

-Vader
Navy Pier? Hell yes.
As a Chicago native eagerly excited for the film as everyone else here is, this makes my day!

Also I emailed the place about ticket availability and they're saying sometime this week they will be going on sale. I'm guessing that goes for all IMAX theaters and most likely regular ones as well.

Wow so the news Rohan posted about film-based theatres getting it on the 5th (with previews evening of the 4th) is true!!!!

Robin wrote:reality check, some critics will bash the shit out of Interstellar (David Denby, Rex Reed, Kyle Smith, Nick Pinkerton) and some will never give it a rave (A. O. Scott, David Edelstein, Anthony Lane, J. R. Jones, Michael Phillips)

If anything the hype that Interstellar has going for it will hurt it critically. Being sold as "spielberg meets kubrick" or other types of hyperbole will only give fuel to the highbrow snobs who already want to send Nolan back to earth, so to speak.

Personally don't give a shit as time always renders justice. It doesn't need universal acclaim or awards, it needs to be a fucking great movie. People still cherish a film like Jurrasic Park, despite it not getting nominated in any major categories. No one gives a shit about The Remains of the Day.
Let's not forget Stephanie Zacharek, perhaps the worst of the bunch. Blah, disgusting she is.

The last part of your post is so fucking true tho, right on.

Interstellar
Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 8:00PM
Hackworth IMAX Theater

A group of explorers make use of a newly-discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage. (2hr 49min) Presented without previews or trailers in IMAX 70mm Film

http://tickets.thetech.org/calendar/view.asp?id=45690

No trailers and still 169 minutes? WOW

Robin wrote:reality check, some critics will bash the shit out of Interstellar (David Denby, Rex Reed, Kyle Smith, Nick Pinkerton) and some will never give it a rave (A. O. Scott, David Edelstein, Anthony Lane, J. R. Jones, Michael Phillips)

If anything the hype that Interstellar has going for it will hurt it critically. Being sold as "spielberg meets kubrick" or other types of hyperbole will only give fuel to the highbrow snobs who already want to send Nolan back to earth, so to speak.

Personally don't give a shit as time always renders justice. It doesn't need universal acclaim or awards, it needs to be a fucking great movie. People still cherish a film like Jurrasic Park, despite it not getting nominated in any major categories. No one gives a shit about The Remains of the Day.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Hi guys
I finally joined the forum after lurking since Inception. :wave:

I'm so glad the Tech Museum of Innovation will have it on real film IMAX and perhaps also the IMAX theaters in Dublin, CA or San Francisco (well obviously this one since its SF) will also screen the movie on 15/70.

TV Spot 3 just aired during Gotham.