Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
TDK_jackasstrange wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:The marketing forInterstellarhas been great so far and yet people jump up and down because a Hunger Games trailer is released. There has been nothing more than some small teaser clips and a very short trailer for Hunger Games which trailer by the way is getting overhyped on these boards. The use of overdramatic music felt forced and a bit cheesy. Interstellar however has had 3 full length trailers playing in front of The Hobbit, Godzilla and Guardians of the Galaxy. The film is still 53 days awjy and the big marketing push will most likely come in the beginning of October.
If the trailers and the teaser poster are any indication, Interstellar is getting sold on Nolan's name alone. Which is a pretty risky move for such a big film. However, I've heard somewhere from a non-reliable source that Interstellar was tracking to a 79 M OW...so IDK...I had no idea Nolan was such a popular filmmaker outside internet honestly. I mean, 79M OW for an original property that isn't really all that hyped up if compared to, let's say, Avatar (2009)...is just insane.

Perhaps Nolan created a reputation of doing exciting and highly intelligent films so more people want to watch them now?
Why don't you and that other bafoon leave these boards for good. It´s pathetic that you actually spends so much time being a troll.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I'm not much of a marketing-buff, but I will say this...

When I talk about films with people in public and I bring up Interstellar... 95% of the time they have no knowledge of the film. As I said, I'm not a marketing-buff, but that doesn't really seem to be a good sign.
Yes let's go by your methods of marketing. Who cares if 95% of people you know have no knowledge of the film. First the movie is over a month from being released, has 2 trailers, several appearances by cast and director at major events, interviews, etc. and add that marketing like TV spots will pick up during fall TV and football games. That's the marketing it has and will have an that's way more effective than your marketing analysis.

bootsy wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I'm not much of a marketing-buff, but I will say this...

When I talk about films with people in public and I bring up Interstellar... 95% of the time they have no knowledge of the film. As I said, I'm not a marketing-buff, but that doesn't really seem to be a good sign.
Yes let's go by your methods of marketing. Who cares if 95% of people you know have no knowledge of the film. First the movie is over a month from being released, has 2 trailers, several appearances by cast and director at major events, interviews, etc. and add that marketing like TV spots will pick up during fall TV and football games. That's the marketing it has and will have an that's way more effective than your marketing analysis.
lol, wtf? You guys are acting like I was trying to criticize Interstellar's marketing. I wasn't at all. I was simply stating an observation and I was curious to hear if any of you guys noticed something similar.

No, YOU are the troll here, and perhaps a very dim one, you moronic waste of oxygen.

I'm on Miracle Sleeper's Side. I think those of us who spend our days on the internet take for granted the public awareness of things we discuss every day. The marketing will kick up, but as it stands, this movie is not in the public consciousness (as of yet).

Things are getting spicy here...

Why don't you and that other bafoon leave these boards for good. It´s pathetic that you actually spends so much time being a troll.
Was that directed towards me? If so, thank you for the compliment. It's nice knowing I can just make a casual post and partake in a serious discussion just so I can be rewarded with such gratitude by you.
TDK_jackasstrange wrote:No, YOU are the troll here, and perhaps a very dim one, you moronic waste of oxygen.
lol

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:Things are getting spicy here...

Was that directed towards me? If so, thank you for the compliment. It's nice knowing I can just make a casual post and partake in a serious discussion just so I can be rewarded with such gratitude by you.
TDK_jackasstrange wrote:No, YOU are the troll here, and perhaps a very dim one, you moronic waste of oxygen.
lol
No, it was not aimed at you. It was directed towards the troll who goes under the name of TDK.

This is hilarious.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:This is hilarious.

-Vader
Surprised to see you post here since you try not to be spoiled about Interstellar. This thread...

IMDb updated the production status to "Completed". In case anyone was wondering. :)