Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Monicabbm wrote: Just because actors are excited, doesn't mean the movie is good.
What did you expect, that they would say the movie is bad?
They are selling a movie and need to show confidence to the public. This happened with TDKR. Joseph Gordon Levitt was excited, Gary Oldman said great things, Anne seemed the happiest girl, but the film was a disappointment.
:roll:

A billion dollar, critically acclaimed disappointment. Most filmmakers would kill for a disappointment like that.

titansupes wrote:
Monicabbm wrote: Just because actors are excited, doesn't mean the movie is good.
What did you expect, that they would say the movie is bad?
They are selling a movie and need to show confidence to the public. This happened with TDKR. Joseph Gordon Levitt was excited, Gary Oldman said great things, Anne seemed the happiest girl, but the film was a disappointment.
:roll:

A billion dollar, critically acclaimed disappointment. Most filmmakers would kill for a disappointment like that.

How many truly great third entries in a franchise can you name? I remember Nolan himself even half-jokingly expressing that same sentiment in an interview about his hesitance to do a third movie, long before it came out. Rises isn't perfect, but I'd say he did a damn good job and managed to tie everything together quite nicely while still making each one feel different and stand on its own. I think the majority of people who were disappointed with Rises were the ones expecting TDK: But with Bane! Yes, there are some fair criticisms, but I'd hardly call it a disappointment.

Return of the King
The Last Crusade
Prisoner of Azkaban
Die Hard: With a Vengeance
The Bourne Ultimatum
Toy Story 3

HorrorBiz wrote:
Aili wrote:Ellen Burstyn was interviewed by Larry King. He asked her about Interstellar. She said she was sworn to secrecy but could say it was about space travel and that she had a small part. She said McC is wonderful and she saw him at the Emmys and asked him if he knew if her part had been cut. He told her that she was in the film, he'd seen it and it was great, a big, big film.
Thanks for posting.

Rom
Last edited by Rom on September 8th, 2017, 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rom wrote:Can Ellen Burstyn play an even older Murph?
Yes, that's exactly what her role is.

... Aaaannnd spoiled.

titansupes wrote:... Aaaannnd spoiled.

titansupes wrote:... Aaaannnd spoiled.
No you're not. I heard Burstyn plays McConaughey's love interest in the film. Apparently he has a thing for gilfs in this movie.

And plus, you've yet to hear Trent Reznor's new score. So you're not quite spoiled yet.