Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
anikom15 wrote:
Damn. That was deep.
Thank you. I try.

HorrorBiz wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:About Interstellar, I was thinking that the studio maybe is so confident in the film and in Nolan, on word-of-mouth, that doesn't need to do something more. And that the coming months will be enough.
From what I know and have heard, this is partly the case. The other part bing that this isn't the type of film to draw a huge massive marketing rush, they aren't going for that. Now there will indeed be a rise in promotion here soon, but certainly nothing on the level of a franchise film (and maybe even Inception seeing as that was still campaigned as a summer thriller blockbuster). This is being promoted, and rightfully so, as a very mature and almost arthouse type of flick so the marketing will reflect that (see: the trailers).
Sometimes I do wonder how many people will come to this film thinking it's another action flick just because the trailers say it's from the director of The Dark Knight trilogy and Inception. I can picture some people coming out of it being pissed off that it's so different from his previous films, but hopefully it doesn't get some kind of vicious reaction like Soderbergh's remake of Solaris did. Audiences were pretty brutal to that one.
Well, it's not not an action movie. Based on the trailers there's definitely some of everything, even if the action sequences don't end being the main focus.

Do you think this movie will be cool?[/quote]
I think it will be very good.[/quote]

Damn. That was deep.[/quote]
Lol

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
zonda wrote:We really need an exciting poster for Interstellar, especially for those who decide which movie to see after they come to the cinema.

Does anyone know if and when is the screening for critics? Their reviews can help promote this movie.
I agree. Something trippy-psychedelic-space-like.
I'm imagining it to be the final shot of the black hole in trailer #3. That image would stop anyone in their tracks.

Already have spent over 50 bucks on this movie and haven't even bought tickets yet. Probably will end up near 200 by the end of it all.

Sky007 wrote:Already have spent over 50 bucks on this movie and haven't even bought tickets yet. Probably will end up near 200 by the end of it all.
How/on what exactly? I've got the 'Making of' book on pre-order then, as soon as possible, tickets will be booked... other than that, what is there?

titansupes wrote:
Sky007 wrote:Already have spent over 50 bucks on this movie and haven't even bought tickets yet. Probably will end up near 200 by the end of it all.
How/on what exactly? I've got the 'Making of' book on pre-order then, as soon as possible, tickets will be booked... other than that, what is there?
Poster was about 20 bucks and the book was 27 I think. Plus shipping. Both well worth it though.

Sky007 wrote:
titansupes wrote:
Poster was about 20 bucks and the book was 27 I think. Plus shipping. Both well worth it though.
Ah, the poster. I really like it, but tend not to go for movie posters, just because I don't really have anywhere they'd look great displayed. A great Theatrical Poster may well tempt me, though.

I collect posters and I quite liked this one. So 70's/80's and simple. Love the colors in it too. A bit pricey, but whatever. Problem is now I'll be tempted to buy the next one, which will likely be in the next few weeks.