Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
zonda wrote:When i think of Chris's ambition, Interstellar may be the most unique from his other movies. Movies like the Prestige and Inception, have plot points of fantasy/sci-fi within a very strict boundary of realism . I wish that Nolan breaks or greatly expands his boundaries of realism in Interstellar to give us a truly divine movie experience.
When I think of The Prestige and Inception, the last thing that comes to my mind is ''strict boundary of realism''. Interstellar won't stray far from his usual visionary self - which is giving the audience something familiar, and turning it into something extraordinary.

KJ007 wrote:I don't know-I'm rather concerned about the possibility of the movie's plot being similar to the script that was leaked. If the script were to be directed by anyone other than Nolan, it would make up for a worthy movie-going experience, but Nolan is judged with different set of standards-I want to be outsmarted.
This is what worries me , especially because its something i already read it from others users . Is the narrative really that colloquial ? Customary ?

When this was announced (way back for Spielberg) , i always expected this to have a very virtuoso style of narrative structure , and even more when Nolan got attached.

I found this on NeoGAF, and it all sounds pretty great.
I got to see some rough footage from this film last week. I can't say too much, but there were a few different ship designs and they all looked really fucking cool. The space suits also looked really impressive, almost like a sleeker/more futuristic version of the current NASA suits. I got some spoilers on the plot as well, but I doubt anyone wants me to share those.

It's still going through editing, but everything I saw looked really impressive.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=404
How does it look stacked up to Nolan's other flicks?
It looked great, but the footage was still pretty rough.
I saw a couple seconds of footage from some different planets, one an ice world and one that looked like an aquatic world, and both looked spectacular.
One thing that really impressed me was the fact that they really built all the different ships, to give them a feeling of real mass and weight.
I haven't read the script at all, but from what I can tell it takes place in two different eras in the future - one near future in which Jessica Chastain's character is still a little girl, and one further into the future where she's an adult. She's some sort of scientist, and McConaughey is her father and one of the original astronauts who began interstellar travel. Since it wasn't edited yet, I didn't get to see how Nolan is treating two different timelines, whether it's going to be linear or spliced together. Point being, we'll get to see different generations of these interstellar spacecrafts, and they look visually stunning. They're really sci-fi, but with a strong sense of NASA style realism, if that makes any sense.
Overall the footage I saw has me more hyped than ever. On a visual level, this is going to be a stunner. I got hints of Gravity meets Contact.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=407
Damn it, I want a full trailer already!
From what I heard, we won't be seeing a full trailer until May. They were pretty adamant about that.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=408
Last edited by Innovator on February 7th, 2014, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knew it - May is our trailer #1 month! :gonf:

what's coming out in May?

thrice wrote:what's coming out in May?
Amazing Spiderman 2
X-Men
Maleficent
Godzilla

bootsy wrote:
thrice wrote:what's coming out in May?
Amazing Spiderman 2
X-Men
Maleficent
Godzilla
With DoFP then?

Someone should make a NeoGaf account and see how much more information we can get out of him! :lol:

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:Someone should make a NeoGaf account and see how much more information we can get out of him! :lol:
We can perform Inception. It's possible.

Damn it 3 months away! I wonder how long post is going to take.