Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Christopher Nolan wrote:i really hope that this movie will be a return for nolan to his roots. the last two movies he worked on have been disappointments.
If you had problems with TDKR, so be it, I'm done with that argument. But, if you didn't like Inception, then why even post at a fan site for the man.

That clip of Sterling K. Brown reminds me...

If I have a some sort of fear with this movie -- it is that it's going to be, like, three hours of technobabble. That's the only thing I worry about.

How expository was Jonah's draft?

Insomniac wrote:That clip of Sterling K. Brown reminds me...

If I have a some sort of fear with this movie -- it is that it's going to be, like, three hours of technobabble. That's the only thing I worry about.

It was surprisingly sparse. That being said, nothing in the audition video is anywhere close to anything in Jonah's script, so I guess you could be correct in worrying about exposition/"technobabble" in Chris' revised draft.

riddick-danish wrote:
Dragon_316ca wrote:Sterling K. Brown's audition tape:
Felt like I have seen him somewhere and turns out he was in Person of Interest. :clap:
Yes he played Det. Beecher. :clap:
Pretty good audition tape.

radewart wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:i really hope that this movie will be a return for nolan to his roots. the last two movies he worked on have been disappointments.
If you had problems with TDKR, so be it, I'm done with that argument. But, if you didn't like Inception, then why even post at a fan site for the man.
the dark knight rises and man of steel

Christopher Nolan wrote:
radewart wrote:
the dark knight rises and man of steel
He not directed and wrote the script for Man of Steel. He just wrote the story and produced the film.

Pffft, The Dark Knight Rises was the most emotionally engaging epic since ROTK and Man of Steel was spectacular in its visual extravaganza. Good popcorn entertainment.

I loved both 8-)

Insomniac wrote:That clip of Sterling K. Brown reminds me...

Jonah's draft flirted with that a bit too often, though I'm expecting Chris to tone some of it down and expand upon the more emotionally compelling and visually thrilling elements and story beats.

Found this little blurb on film production website:

"Interstellar (Sci-Fi) Another dimension is explored by a group that travels through a wormhole. With Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Matthew McConaughey, and Michael Caine. Directed by Christopher Nolan. Casting: John Papsidera, Automatic Sweat, 5234 W. Washington Blvd., L.A., CA 90016. Shoots in August in Los Angeles, Canada, and Iceland."

radewart wrote:Found this little blurb on film production website:

"Interstellar (Sci-Fi) Another dimension is explored by a group that travels through a wormhole. With Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Matthew McConaughey, and Michael Caine. Directed by Christopher Nolan. Casting: John Papsidera, Automatic Sweat, 5234 W. Washington Blvd., L.A., CA 90016. Shoots in August in Los Angeles, Canada, and Iceland."
They forgot new york