Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Vader182 wrote:What's struck me about both people is that it's likely they have distinct characteristics Nolan sees for the characters in his script, rather than having archetypical characters a multitude of people could play with different interpretations. He's done this in the past, but, at least to my knowledge, with the main character and one of the main leads.

This is extremely interesting to me because you can easily infer a sort of specificity in his vision for the project- almost as if you can see the wheels turning in his head as he brings his project closer to fruition.

It just communicates, I think, that he has a really specific auteur like idea of what this film is, rather than writing a script and doing the best execution possible-- there's a notable difference.

Beyond anything, this makes me ravenously curious what this movie is really about.

-Vader
Great post! :thumbup:

I'm definitely starting to wonder what the ramifications of this story are. I'm thinking it could be as simple as going through a wormhole for personal, greedy reasons (i.e. going back in time to be with a dead wife and prevent said death), to something wildly and unprecedentedly complicated and something we can all ponder and argue about for a long, long time.

I can't imagine Nolan not doing this if it didn't at least trump Inception's complexities ten-fold. I'm eagerly praying that this is Nolan Unleashed, if only for the fact that I want to ponder and get lost inside the film for the next 30 years.

Has anyone considered the idea that Nolan might actually want to film some of this in space... for real?

Obviously he wouldn't put the actors up in space, but I can't imagine him not wanting to explore filming in space for the simple fact that IMAX has done it before (several times):

And considering how much he loves IMAX, it seems like a perfect opportunity to up the ante in his career, and even up the ante for filmmaking in general. Not even Star Wars, Alien, or Avatar have the honor of saying they were filmed in space. Interstellar would be a groundbreaking first for its genre.

Not to mention, he's all about giving the audience something they haven't seen before.
AND he wants to constantly shoot as much in-camera as possible, with little CGI. What better way than to film in space for real?

Murphy528 wrote:Has anyone considered the idea that Nolan might actually want to film some of this in space... for real?
Yes.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Murphy528 wrote:Has anyone considered the idea that Nolan might actually want to film some of this in space... for real?
Yes.
no

RyanRises wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:I would really like some kind of a synopsis right now. please.
+1

Before shooting Paramount will likely release something.
fixed.
Vader182 wrote:I'm going to avoid this stuff more than I avoided TDKR. I'll probably stay the fuck away from this sub-forum once filming starts, if not before. I'll probably even skip the teaser.

-Vader
We can freak out in the dark together ;) ;)

God, it's so weird to see Nolan make a film under Paramount.

You mean the same way that most of Inception was actually filmed on location inside Cillian Murphy's brain? Little-known fact, there.

What is the likelihood that this film is rated PG-13? I say 99.9%.

Skyab23 wrote:What is the likelihood that this film is rated PG-13? I say 99.9%.
yeah, it's even 100% sure I'd say

but I'd love Nolan to make an R-rated horror or thriller in the future

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:What is the likelihood that this film is rated PG-13? I say 99.9%.
yeah, it's even 100% sure I'd say

but I'd love Nolan to make an R-rated horror or thriller in the future
So basically the studio makes it clear to Nolan that he can't have a lot of blood, cuss-words or overly graphic images in his films, correct? All about the $$$.