Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
jibran wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote: Not to mention Nolan is an extremely skilled writer. If he could have written the movie with less exposition, he would have. What you heard in that movie was Nolan's way of providing the minimal amount of exposition that would allow us to know exactly what was taking place.
The Inception screenplay is fantastic but no one is perfect. Except Mary Poppins. She could have written a better screenplay.
True, but I never said he was perfect. He's extremely skilled. Skilled enough to be aware of the exposition problem and ways to reduce its exposure.

I can't stand the stupid in here. I'm gonna go outside for a bit. *exits*

anikom15 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Oh okay, teach me anikom15. :lol:
'Too much' is excess. Inception does not have excess exposition. It is used to explain things and is quite necessary.
m4st4 wrote:
anikom15 wrote:Uh ... it didn't have too much exposition.

Déjà Vu
The entire movie was exposition. I'm not saying that as something negative, it's a fact.
Notice how I never put ''too much'' in front of it, means you can't (or won't) read.

Context. Just because you don't say it doesn't mean it wasn't construed. Use your words carefully, and quote particularly. If you're not intending to disagree with me, make that clear.

Jesus, I'm tired of teaching ESL.

I'm not sure this will be released in 2014,
Nolan seems to be in the writing process right now, so I think 2015 is a bigger possibility

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I'm not sure this will be released in 2014,
Nolan seems to be in the writing process right now, so I think 2015 is a bigger possibility
Or Fall 2014.
gib sigs

Forum Pro
Pratham wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:I'm not sure this will be released in 2014,
Or Fall 2014.
If he is in the process of writing it now, and this is a space exploration film so there has to be tons of prep work to do, I think that he wont start shooting until the end of the year at the earliest. I think that the movie will be released in the winter of 2015, which is ideal because Interstellar will avoid the cluster-fuck of summer blockbusters that are scheduled to come out that year like Avengers 2, Justice League, etc, and by releasing the film during the 2015 holiday season it'll be released right in the middle of Oscar season.

If he is in the process of writing it now, and this is a space exploration film so there has to be tons of prep work to do, I think that he wont start shooting until the end of the year at the earliest. I think that the movie will be released in the winter of 2015, which is ideal because Interstellar will avoid the cluster-fuck of summer blockbusters that are scheduled to come out that year like Avengers 2, Justice League, etc, and by releasing the film during the 2015 holiday season it'll be released right in the middle of Oscar season.

I still think his best chance at an Oscar is his Howard Hughes project. Said it's the best thing he has written. Also Oscars eat up well made bio-pics. Now if he ever goes through with it if I can just convince him to cast Bryan Cranston. Hello Academy.

WelcometoNoLand wrote:I still think his best chance at an Oscar is his Howard Hughes project. Said it's the best thing he has written. Also Oscars eat up well made bio-pics. Now if he ever goes through with it if I can just convince him to cast Bryan Cranston. Hello Academy.
I'd take Nolan sci-fi over Nolan biopic any day. Fuck the academy.
gib sigs

WelcometoNoLand wrote:

I still think his best chance at an Oscar is his Howard Hughes project. Said it's the best thing he has written. Also Oscars eat up well made bio-pics. Now if he ever goes through with it if I can just convince him to cast Bryan Cranston. Hello Academy.
He's not going to make the Howard Hughes film.