Interstellar General Information

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Paul Franklin ‏@PaulJFranklin
Listening to the #radio4 film programme with @FrancineFilm whilst building a shed. Back to making sci fi movies next week.

Also:

@TheHead_3D_VFX no feedback outside of chatting with people after the presentation that we make to the Acad in LA. Hopefully back in 2015! - Which could indicate a 2014 release for Interstellar.

I guess its something else, but I couldn't find any more info :)
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:Paul Franklin ‏@PaulJFranklin
Listening to the #radio4 film programme with @FrancineFilm whilst building a shed. Back to making sci fi movies next week.

Also:

@TheHead_3D_VFX no feedback outside of chatting with people after the presentation that we make to the Acad in LA. Hopefully back in 2015! - Which could indicate a 2014 release for Interstellar.

Good enough! 2014 makes sense. I'd be disappointed if we had to wait for another year.

The question is, will Nolan have sound in space?

I hope not.

anikom15 wrote:The question is, will Nolan have sound in space?

I hope not.
But then the explosions will be less impressive.
Do you... like pineapple?

Robin wrote: Paul Franklin ‏@PaulJFranklin

Unless he's talking about Transcendence?

So, I haven't been around lately and don't know if it's confirmed that Nolan's next project is Interstellar. I remembered one thing that would make his project choice more understandable: his "fascination" for Disney's 1979 sci-fi, The Black Hole.

The Black Hole (Gary Nelson, 1979)
"Even to a nine-year-old Star Wars fanatic this seemed pretty uneven, but some of the special effects still impress, and it boasts one of the most unexpectedly weird climaxes in cinema history. I actually had to rent it as an adult just to check that I hadn't made up the whole ending." - Christopher Nolan
The Black Hole was shot using a blend of traditional camera techniques and newly developed computer-controlled camera technology. Disney had its engineering department build their own equipment, resulting in the development of Disney's A.C.E.S. (Automated Camera Effects System), as well as the Mattescan system, which for the first time allowed the camera to move over a matte painting, and a computer-controlled modeling stand. At the time of its release, the movie's opening credits sequence featured the longest computer graphics shot that had ever appeared in a film. The film also had the world's first digitally recorded soundtrack (one of John Barry's best works).

The Black Hole was also notable for being the first Disney film not to have an all-ages rating (first PG-rated), due to mild language (first Disney film to include profanity of any type) and violent death scenes never before seen in a Disney production (one character is eviscerated).

Though it received mixed reviews from critics, The New York Times, Time Magazine and Variety all praised the film (the special effects were unanimously acclaimed). The film also received two Academy Award nominations (Best Visual Effects and Best Cinematography). Check out the trailer.

So, to those who've seen it and for those who might see it, imagine this basic premise extended to the Nolan universe. That would certainly make a hell of a movie.

dadosaboya wrote:So, I haven't been around lately and don't know if it's confirmed that Nolan's next project is Interstellar. I remembered one thing that would make his project choice more understandable: his "fascination" for Disney's 1979 sci-fi, The Black Hole.

The Black Hole (Gary Nelson, 1979)
"Even to a nine-year-old Star Wars fanatic this seemed pretty uneven, but some of the special effects still impress, and it boasts one of the most unexpectedly weird climaxes in cinema history. I actually had to rent it as an adult just to check that I hadn't made up the whole ending." - Christopher Nolan
Nice. I know in the same list, he talked about his love for On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and that was a major influence on the snow level in Inception. So I'm definitely keeping an eye out for how The Black Hole might come into play while he's making Interstellar.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:Nice. I know in the same list, he talked about his love for On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and that was a major influence on the snow level in Inception. So I'm definitely keeping an eye out for how The Black Hole might come into play while he's making Interstellar.
On the same subject, if The Black Hole influenced Nolan into Interstellar and On Her Majesty's Secret Service influenced the snow level in Inception (which I believe it was), that goes to show that Nolan's agenda includes revisiting (or reinventing) his dearest cinema. So, eventually, I believe he will take a shot at Bond.

ognna be better than tdkr

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.