Interstellar Teaser

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
cclem wrote:
Alberto wrote:This remains my favorite Nolan trailer:
This dominates that POS teaser:

Interstellar's teaser is class. I love the style. Nolan throwing his fans off a little bit, but still alluding to pure directorial decimation.

Sorry to burst your bubble friend. I am sure you are a knowledgeable Nolan Fan, but this (above) is the "greatest teaser to date".
Douche

FreakLikeMe wrote:My friend looked at me during The Hobbit and said "This movie looks like the greatest thing ever" and I thought he was being serious and I said in a dead serious manner, almost hypnotized "It will be" and then he looked at me goofy as if I was high or something. Good thing this is just a teaser. The common folk, the conventional moviegoers (The people I fear above all else) will be mesmerized from the later trailers no doubt.

Maybe the problem is the film isn't aimed at your dudebro and is aimed at a more family friendly sentimental audience. I honestly believe the only problem with this teaser is Nolan has attracted the dudebro crowd and they expect dudebro nonsense,

Here's a question for everyone about this teaser and trailers in general.

How much time do you think Nolan spends on one of his trailers? These are made while they're in the middle of filming so I'm guessing he doesn't have much free time to make a trailer. But maybe he does.

Do you think he gives them the shots they can use and then they create something and he will either approve it or not.

How do you think that process works?

2.2M of views in one day for a teaser of an original movie that shows basically nothing. I think we can definitely say that Nolan is on his way to become as known as Spielberg.

Shakermaker wrote:Here's a question for everyone about this teaser and trailers in general.

How much time do you think Nolan spends on one of his trailers? These are made while they're in the middle of filming so I'm guessing he doesn't have much free time to make a trailer. But maybe he does.

Do you think he gives them the shots they can use and then they create something and he will either approve it or not.

As involved as he is in the filmaking process, and writing I would think he spends some time making sure the final product of the trailer matches his vision.

Shakermaker wrote:Here's a question for everyone about this teaser and trailers in general.

they are third parti companies hired especially for this purpose (making tv commercials, teasers and trailers). imo, Chris Nolan doesn't edit his own teasers, trailers or tv commercials. There aren't directors in Hollywood who's able to control that (promotion and marketing). All this well-thought, well-prepared by the producers. The director might have his word (Emma Thomas might play a role btw) but it's up to the Major to promote the movie. So as I told you above they hire third-party companies.

Zimmeredge wrote:

they are third parti companies hired especially for this purpose (making tv commercials, teasers and trailers). imo, Chris Nolan doesn't edit his own teasers, trailers or tv commercials. There aren't directors in Hollywood who's able to control that (promotion and marketing). All this well-thought, well-prepared by the producers. The director might have his word (Emma Thomas might play a role btw) but it's up to the Major to promote the movie. So as I told you above they hire third-party companies.
ehhh, until a certain point, Paul Thomas Anderson can.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:2.2M of views in one day for a teaser of an original movie that shows basically nothing. I think we can definitely say that Nolan is on his way to become as known as Spielberg.
Yeah but there's a lot of complaints/dislikes about the lack of any hint of what the plot is about.

theseeker9175 wrote:
Zimmeredge wrote:

ehhh, until a certain point, Paul Thomas Anderson can.
source?

Does anybody think that toy spacecraft is Normandy?