Interstellar Teaser

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I'm not a big music guy so I'm probably not the best source to describe it. That being said,
The music is piano/organ music. There is not really a melody, like Indiana Jones or Star Wars, that you can pick out. Thinking of the Batman sound tracks, I would say it does have that feel to it. notes and chords.
Visually,
All the shots are exteriors and so there is no fancy lighting. Some of the shots did have a shallow depth of field and reminded me of IMAX footage. This teaser is all wide screen so I would be guessing about what format the shots were actually captured on.
It is simple, very pretty, and makes me want to see more.

I've seen the teaser and can confirm what rgeorge has been posting. Here's what I remember of the trailer:
-Score: soft piano music, gets a little faster/more intense towards the second half of the trailer.
-Voiceover by Matthew McConaughey
-Stock footage of U.S. space program, astronauts, shuttle Atlantis, along with footage of farms, cornfelds.
-Matthew McConaughey crying as he drives away from a farm in a pickup truck
-Father and daughter watching from cornfield as a rocket launches upward into space.
-As mentioned a little while back, there's a shot of a bookshelf, with one book standing out more prominently than the rest; it has an orange spine and almost everything else in the shot is white. A toy plane (could've been a space shuttle, but I'm 80% sure it was a plane) sits on the shelf as well.
-"Insterstellar"title logo is shown vertically (i.e.,
I
N
T
E
R
...you get the point)
-Last shot is of stars/galaxy

It was very much a teaser trailer, not a lot is given away. It's just the tip of the tip of the iceberg, and I can't wait for the next trailer

Forum Pro
Law
hotsauce32 wrote:I've seen the teaser and can confirm what rgeorge has been posting. Here's what I remember of the trailer:
-Score: soft piano music, gets a little faster/more intense towards the second half of the trailer.
-Voiceover by Matthew McConaughey
-Stock footage of U.S. space program, astronauts, shuttle Atlantis, along with footage of farms, cornfelds.
-Matthew McConaughey crying as he drives away from a farm in a pickup truck
-Father and daughter watching from cornfield as a rocket launches upward into space.
-As mentioned a little while back, there's a shot of a bookshelf, with one book standing out more prominently than the rest; it has an orange spine and almost everything else in the shot is white. A toy plane (could've been a space shuttle, but I'm 80% sure it was a plane) sits on the shelf as well.
-"Insterstellar"title logo is shown vertically (i.e.,
I
N
T
E
R
...you get the point)
-Last shot is of stars/galaxy

It was very much a teaser trailer, not a lot is given away. It's just the tip of the tip of the iceberg, and I can't wait for the next trailer
How did you see it?

I'd rather not say, could get me into trouble with my employer. If you really want to know, PM me

For both of you, how would you score the teaser out of ten?

Ace

Forum Pro
Law
I literally watched 1 sec and it was McC's face crying as he's driving off and I could tell it was filmed with IMAX and going to be absolutely fucking beautiful

Law wrote:I literally watched 1 sec and it was McC's face crying as he's driving off and I could tell it was filmed with IMAX and going to be absolutely fucking beautiful
Me too, and then I used every ounce of strength to pull the fuck out of there.

Forum Pro
Law
o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:
Law wrote:I literally watched 1 sec and it was McC's face crying as he's driving off and I could tell it was filmed with IMAX and going to be absolutely fucking beautiful
Me too, and then I used every ounce of strength to pull the fuck out of there.
As soon as I saw it was real I X'ed out immediately. Trying VERY hard not to go back..