Interstellar Teaser

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Once the second trailer hits, people will become aware. Nolan is one of the few directors that at least some of the general audience recognize. People want to see new things and this will certainly catch their attention.

This may be a simple question, but based on how the teaser trailer for Interstellar shows archive footage, i.e. breaking speed of sound, lunar landing, etc. - will the actual movie contain this same footage? i.e. because it was in the teaser, will it be in the actual film?
Just curious, because after reading the 2008 version of the script, it's not in there, but do teasers/trailers only show what's actually in a finished film? Or, can they not put that in the film? I like the teaser/trailer, how it makes this film seem like it will be larger than life, but I'm hoping that simple, archival footage is not placed in the movie, unless it's done in a very unique way which is in service to the story.

I was bored and looking up space shuttle stuff. Came across Atlantis's final landing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLDG5sNMX2M

Footage used in the Interstellar teaser is at 9:48. At 10:18, the mission control announcer says the line "...the space shuttle pulls into port for the last time, its voyage at an end". You can hear his voice crack as he says "at an end", which got me really emotional. After hearing that, watching the Interstellar teaser brings tears to my eyes, especially with the last lines of McConaughey's monologue.

There are some people who say that you can see Cooper at 0:41 in the teaser. Does anyone else think its him?

zonda wrote:There are some people who say that you can see Cooper at 0:41 in the teaser. Does anyone else think its him?
Hard to tell with certainty but it could be.

Forum Pro
Law
Rudinet wrote:
zonda wrote:There are some people who say that you can see Cooper at 0:41 in the teaser. Does anyone else think its him?
It's not lol

Law wrote:
Rudinet wrote:
It's not lol
I agree. The film looks way too aged compared to the other shots in the trailer.

Forum Pro
Law
Shakermaker wrote: I agree. The film looks way too aged compared to the other shots in the trailer.
Plus you can pause it and know for certain this it isn't Matthew McConaughey

they said that they changed some movie footage specifically for the teaser to make it look like stock footage. To me it looks like McC. Who else is it then? It's not Alan Shephard(most people thought he was)

thrice wrote:they said that they changed some movie footage specifically for the teaser to make it look like stock footage. To me it looks like McC. Who else is it then? It's not Alan Shephard(most people thought he was)
Who are they?
Last edited by Shakermaker on January 29th, 2014, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.