Interstellar Cinematographer?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
banepants wrote:
Cilogy wrote: lol i dunno but I'm sort of hoping that Wally goes "aw fuck it, I'll come back"
Me too. Two studios are involved and Spielberg might potentially be as well. This is not going to be a small movie. I hope Pfister has a bro moment and comes back.
Hopefully Nolan will actually be a little more ambitious and say he'll do it all in IMAX, possibly prompting Wally to return.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
banepants wrote:
Me too. Two studios are involved and Spielberg might potentially be as well. This is not going to be a small movie. I hope Pfister has a bro moment and comes back.
Hopefully Nolan will actually be a little more ambitious and say he'll do it all in IMAX, possibly prompting Wally to return.
:facepalm:

Allstar wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Hopefully Nolan will actually be a little more ambitious and say he'll do it all in IMAX, possibly prompting Wally to return.
:facepalm:
Jesus, calm the fuck down Allstar.

I was obviously being sarcastic, but the possibility of it being entirely is IMAX is definitely there.

People who are mentioning established DP's like Deakins, Lubezki, etc. it's most likely not going to be somebody established like that. Maybe somebody just now on the rise like Mihai, but it's very unlikely it will be a name like Elswit. He may very well pick somebody we've never even heard of.

Cilogy wrote:but the possibility of it being entirely is IMAX is definitely there.
Nope.

Cameras are too noisy and Nolan does not want to re record all the dialogue. Pedal faster.

Allstar wrote:
Cilogy wrote:but the possibility of it being entirely is IMAX is definitely there.
Nope.

Cameras are too noisy and Nolan does not want to re record all the dialogue. Pedal faster.
We'll see.

Meanwhile, please back the fuck off and stop being such a snooty douche.

I hope there will be an IMAX Camera suited for Big-Budgeted Feature Films.

Large format is likely to happen, but I wouldn't place my cards in the 'all IMAX' basket.

I'm worried that Warner Bros and Paramount will be pushing for this to be shot in 3D.

TeddyBlass wrote:Large format is likely to happen, but I wouldn't place my cards in the 'all IMAX' basket.
I would not be surprised if Nolan skipped IMAX like he did in Inception.