Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Why on Earth is the soundtrack being released a week and a half after the film? I've never seen anything besides a release the week of.

BroskiSabor wrote:Why on Earth is the soundtrack being released a week and a half after the film? I've never seen anything besides a release the week of.
It does seem quite aways to get there. Maybe the company wanted to wait till people got immersed with movie first before releasing the official soundtrack?

Either way, November 17th will be here sooner than people may think.

So refreshing that he did something so original. Easily one of his best soundtracks.

BroskiSabor wrote:Why on Earth is the soundtrack being released a week and a half after the film? I've never seen anything besides a release the week of.
Because Hans Zimmer wanted the viewers to experience the music in the film first instead of listening to the score first then watching the film.

For those who have seen it, what is the ratio of space scenes that are silent to space scenes with Zimmer's score?

SquareWatcher wrote:For those who have seen it, what is the ratio of space scenes that are silent to space scenes with Zimmer's score?
Most of the space scenes had the OST playing. But in parts, sometimes, they did use silence to make the audience realize how empty and silent space is even in the midst of all the chaos happening.

How exactly were the main theme (from teaser trailer) and Day One Dark leaked?
I wish the rest would leak, would pay big money for it now.

edit: aparently when you buy a ticket on movietickets.com, you get a free download copy of One Day Dark. That's why it's out.

On the tracklist it has Day One and this is Day One Dark?

What's the difference I wonder..

gofurther wrote:On the tracklist it has Day One and this is Day One Dark?

What's the difference I wonder..
Dark