Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
That Film Freak wrote:
GeneMod wrote:Thanks, my bad. That was the link the guy posted on IMDB. Speaking of which, have you been to the board for this film there recently? Complete cesspool man, not kidding. Kind of a disgrace...
I check it every now and then. It's like troll central. Occasionally someone on there has actually seen the film and has cool stuff to say, but those posts are few and very far between
Yeah, but a few months ago (say, mid-September) that board was relatively troll free. People were actually participating. But it seems like the number of trolls has just magnified by a factor of 100 in the last couple of weeks, after the first reviews started coming in (around the time of EW's article). It's really sad. Anyway, this is a soundtrack discussion, so...

thegreypilgrim wrote:
JPiercey21 wrote:The first 2 min reminds me of 2001 and the monlith when they are taking the pictures of it.....or of when they are jumping out of the plane in Godzilla
That's because both of those scenes use the same remarkably eerie but sublime piece by Ligeti, a piece that has served as the model for decades of "ominous wailing choir" stuff in scores and trailers. I like how it's done here though.
I love it. in all three uses

stoifics42 wrote:Lord Shade had mentioned that there are 3 basic musical themes: the teaser music, Trailer 5's music, and a third, darker theme. Could this be part of the third one?
Definitely a part of the third theme. This sounds like a track that would - obviously - go better with a particular scene in the film as opposed to one you'd be listening to for pleasure. It was very Phantom of the Opera-esque.

Yup.

thegreypilgrim wrote:Yup.
Thanks! Started listening bits and pieces, couldn't believe how good it sounded, stopped before spoiling myself.

It sounds pretty great and I'm quite sure that I'll love it in the movie along with the proper context but listening it on its own felt little weird. Anyway, it's satisfying to hear something quite original from Hans.

m4st4 wrote: Is this legit?
I saw the movie, it is for sure in it.
I believe it is played right before they enter the wormhole near Saturn. The thunder noises at the beginning are what Cooper is listening to on his music player. It's a beautiful scene with the sound of rain falling endlessly, embellished by the thunder as beautiful shots of Saturn are appearing on the screen. It is followed by one of the most intense scene in the movie, when they enter the bulk.

Jesus, this is MAGNIFICENT!

How come it's taken down so quickly, whate are the odds someone is actually taking notice on this site? :lol: