Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Apparently these sound effects are part of the cues themselves in the film but they're not as noticeable there. Because I 100% remember Dreaming of the Crash opening the film with the same sound effects over the studio logos albeit a bit quieter. As for Stay, I think these SFX were unnoticeable given where the track began IIRC.

antovolk wrote:Apparently these sound effects are part of the cues themselves in the film but they're not as noticeable there. Because I 100% remember Dreaming of the Crash opening the film with the same sound effects over the studio logos albeit a bit quieter. As for Stay, I think these SFX were unnoticeable given where the track began IIRC.
Yes. This is how Zimmer intended the cues to be. Nothing is ruined.

Love the soundtrack, but the piano music that plays when
Murph has her "eureka" moment
near the end is a direct ripoff of James Horner's A Beautiful Mind score. Sorry but you wont be able to unhear it now.

Giving the OST a full whirl on my sound system, holy wow...

I can barely hear 'dreaming of the crash', on my phone, even with the volume more than half way up. It's too quiet.

I can not imagine how insane Imperfect Lock will sound on my system....Mountains is insane already :D

Some artists mix and master their files with very little compression etc. for maximum clarity, but this greatly decreases the volume, so you have to turn it up a lot more than you would with other music. We've all agreed pretty much that the sound is exquisite, just quiet and windy, so perhaps that's what's happened here? Maybe somebody can take a look once we've got the CD.

I imagine Zimmer wanted to keep some range, too, so moments like the first "BWAAM" in Mountains have their impact.

antovolk wrote:I can not imagine how insane Imperfect Lock will sound on my system....Mountains is insane already :D
Agreed, also the first track has an ear deafening low frequency it almost sounds like it did in imax

Rubow89 wrote:
antovolk wrote:I can not imagine how insane Imperfect Lock will sound on my system....Mountains is insane already :D
Agreed, also the first track has an ear deafening low frequency it almost sounds like it did in imax
Yeah, this is pretty much close to if not exactly like in IMAX... (the low frequencies are a couple notches higher in IMAX though).

The bass on Detach - wow :O