Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Listening to Murph is very similar to having loving, well-paced sex.
Last edited by thegreypilgrim on January 12th, 2015, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tick-Tock on repeat for at least an hour now. Almost deaf. Don't care.

swishbig wrote:
neb4ever wrote:Zimmer lost.
Hans never loses. Steve Jablonsky says it right, he doesn't need a little gold statue to show that he's a winner.
Took the words out of my mouth.

thegreypilgrim wrote:That was a safe, dickless win, even by Globes standards.
Agreed. That score was so generic and so boring. Utterly undeserving. Should have been Hans or Trent.

Can anyone provide some insight behind this track, it's the "Day One Dark" track that was found on Youtube before the movie came out on Nov. 4. I have a few questions about it - is it legitimately Zimmer's track? Is it just a piece that wasn't used in the movie? i.e. something Zimmer composed but didn't use? Lastly, it has some similarities to some of the other tracks, but is it just a track that didn't find its way into the film, especially the opening section with the Ligeti-like choral parts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHYKpLN1kio

It's simple. It's one of Zimmer's "suites," pieces of music that he writes away from the picture based on the wider themes/aesthetic of the film and which he and the director then use to derive the material of the final score from. Often these suites are what appear on his albums, rather than final film versions of cues. And every element in Day One Dark appears in the final score - the ones you mention as being missing play when Cooper first arrives in the tesseract.

Does anyone notice that Tick Tock is NTFC stretched out? It's like I can hum along the organs in NTFC to the last half of Tick Tock...

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but No Time for Caution is added on as the final track of disc 2 on the Illuminated Star set. They must have added it last minute while the artwork was already printed.

Latterlon wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned, but No Time for Caution is added on as the final track of disc 2 on the Illuminated Star set. They must have added it last minute while the artwork was already printed.

Unfortunately it's not the FYC version so it's useless

So apologies if this has been asked already, but is the 'illuminated star projection' set missing any songs that have been released through other means/in other versions?

I know "Day One Dark" was a special release track that isn't included, but is there anything else? I'd like to have every released track for this movie! FLAC or 320 kb MP3 links to any of the tracks I might be missing would be awesome!