Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Ericmase wrote:
christophmac wrote:Need to know: what song plays when
Cooper and co. Head to the ice planet after Murphy leaves the message when she finds out that plan A was never going to work?
Having seen the film, I'm gonna start posting again by the way - will post my thoughts soon
Why does your avy have to come from 'Project X'? No offense but... :blank:
Big miles teller fan, regardless of the film's reputation - also I did that avy a long time ago, haven't actually posted on these forums in about a year haha

The last couple of minutes of 'Detach' are by far my favourite part of the score so far. Is this an additional theme along with the 'hopeful', 'parental' and 'dark' themes? It doesn't sound like any of the three.

My favorite is Message from Home. It absolutely wowed me in the cinema and continues to wow me.

I also love the last two minutes of Detach. So powerful.

That being said, some others like Mountains, Cornfield Chase, Coward, are all pretty good.

AmbroseCadwell wrote:The last couple of minutes of 'Detach' are by far my favourite part of the score so far. Is this an additional theme along with the 'hopeful', 'parental' and 'dark' themes? It doesn't sound like any of the three.
I think I would call it..
The 'love' theme. Since love is what drove Cooper to attempt the reconnection with Endurance.

It's more of an homage to Wagner than a "new" theme. Just a big dramatic moment.

Am I the only one disappointed at the sound effects in the background of some of the tracks?

sanford wrote:Am I the only one disappointed at the sound effects in the background of some of the tracks?
It bothers me at times, yes.

christophmac wrote:Need to know: what song plays when
Cooper and co. Head to the ice planet after Murphy leaves the message when she finds out that plan A was never going to work?
The song is "A Place Among The Stars". Love the horror movie vibe :thumbup:

Bacon wrote:
sanford wrote:Am I the only one disappointed at the sound effects in the background of some of the tracks?
It bothers me at times, yes.
"Dreaming of the Crash" was what I was looking forward to the most, and it's kind of ruined. Same thing with "Stay". It really sort of makes me not want to buy it now. I'm just never going to be able to drive around and enjoy it with the god damned effects. It's such a bummer. The music is plenty good.

And besides, I live in Oklahoma. It's windy enough as it is.

The 18th needs to get its ass here. I need this to be the soundtrack to my life. I need it.