Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I actually don't see this leaking out before Monday.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an online stream of the OST for The Dark Knight Rises before the soundtrack's scheduled release date? I believe it was on the WaterTower Music website. Maybe that will be the same case with Interstellar. *fingers crossed*

I think it will leak this weekend.

herviross_2 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an online stream of the OST for The Dark Knight Rises before the soundtrack's scheduled release date? I believe it was on the WaterTower Music website. Maybe that will be the same case with Interstellar. *fingers crossed*
Yes, I remember. I found TDKR ost on Empire website. There were a lot of special articles and free ost was revealed a few days before the film.
But I really doubt that we would legally hear Interstellar soundtrack before 17th. Only the leak is the way to hear it before.

Hearing this soundtrack made me have to finally join.
Reznor vs Zimmer yet again will be a great battle. Both scores were fantastic but my meaningless vote is for Zimmer

More than a year before filming, Nolan sent Zimmer a letter. Inside was a typewritten note, a melancholy fable about a father and his son. Nolan’s request: Spend 24 hours reacting to the story with music. “I have a son, so Chris knew how to push the right buttons,” Zimmer says of the mysterious preproduction experiment. Zimmer wrote what he describes as “an intimate, musical love letter to my son.” He finished around nine o’clock and rang his director to see if he could send over the composition. Nolan declined. He preferred to drive over and hear it in person.

“He sat on my couch and I played him the piece,” Zimmer says. “He paused for a second and said, ‘I better make the movie now.’”

Interstellar is a pure Nolan drama, and its haunting score is recognizably Zimmer. They’re grand minimalists. Like an amalgam of Bach and Goblin, Zimmer leans heavily on ostinato, a drilling repetition that fits Nolan’s structuralism. Stars align when Zimmer pounds away behind Bruce Wayne climbing barehanded from Bane’s pit, Cobb descending deeper and deeper into the dreamworld, or McConaughey’s Cooper untethering from known reality to find a fractalizing great beyond. The Nolan-Zimmer collaboration is like the chicken and the egg. It doesn’t matter who got there first — their creations wouldn’t exist without the other.

(link)

Lossless or nothing. :geek:

Pratham wrote:Lossless or nothing. :geek:
Or personal Hans Zimmer with an organ to everyone.

Hans Zimmer playing the organ in Temple Church, London