Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I'm a John G wrote:genius

you cannot pigeon hole another artists work to fit your own. you let that artist make their art, and you find a way for it to complement your own.
Yes. Absolutely fascinating.

Ace
Some more from Zimmer-
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho ... eaderPanel
For "Interstellar" I wrote the main theme last January. For once I got a foothold on this. I traded off going away for the Christmas holidays to spend a week on "Interstellar" obsessed with it and the ideas. I spent three months in the summer working on it. I'm supposed to have a summer holiday, but I was doing research trying things for "Interstellar." It won't leave me alone. It's his words, his stories, the subject won't let me sleep at night. That's why we are secretive, with a purpose. It's a great joy to let people see something new and unexpected. Isn't that the job we're supposed to do, to surprise people? We need to have privacy, to bring the noise down, to be able to focus, to be able to make a small group to create ideas. Privacy is a vital element to hear yourself think and have notes jump into your head.
:D

Ace wrote:Some more from Zimmer-
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho ... eaderPanel
For "Interstellar" I wrote the main theme last January. For once I got a foothold on this. I traded off going away for the Christmas holidays to spend a week on "Interstellar" obsessed with it and the ideas. I spent three months in the summer working on it. I'm supposed to have a summer holiday, but I was doing research trying things for "Interstellar." It won't leave me alone. It's his words, his stories, the subject won't let me sleep at night. That's why we are secretive, with a purpose. It's a great joy to let people see something new and unexpected. Isn't that the job we're supposed to do, to surprise people? We need to have privacy, to bring the noise down, to be able to focus, to be able to make a small group to create ideas. Privacy is a vital element to hear yourself think and have notes jump into your head.
:D
Oh man... When something possesses Zimmer this much to where it's eating into his life... I think it's safe to call this a winner 8-) Bring on the synth

I don't know about you guys, but I personally can't stop listening to this! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by Panapaok on May 11th, 2014, 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Panapaok wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I personally can't stop listening to this! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fixed the link for you.
And no, you're not the only one.

11072014 wrote:
Panapaok wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I personally can't stop listening to this! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fixed the link for you.
And no, you're not the only one.
Hans Zimmer is a genius! This is probably my favorite work of his.

Thinking this will end up being my favorite Zimmer score, if it combines the tightly crafted Inception with the more spacey textures from MoS. Old Hans' chosen synth these days is Zebra2, and I've been messing about with it to see what might fit the tone of this one.

Isn't Zimmer messing around with strings for this one?

more like the organ

thrice wrote:more like the organ
Zimmer did say something about strings for Interstellar, but I don't remember the source.