Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Ideally, I think either Jonny Greenwood or Thom Yorke (both of Radiohead) would be perfect for this; maybe both of them together, or even Radiohead all together.

- Jonny Greenwood has proven himself to be a fine composer with There Will Be Blood and The Master.
- We know Nolan is a huge fan of Radiohead.
- Thom Yorke's "Analyze" was played over the end credits of The Prestige.

The stars seem to align.

I think it would be interesting if Nolan completely reinvented himself for this film. New DP, new composer, an all new cast, etc.

Forum Pro
Murphy528 wrote:Ideally, I think either Jonny Greenwood or Thom Yorke (both of Radiohead) would be perfect for this; maybe both of them together, or even Radiohead all together.

- Jonny Greenwood has proven himself to be a fine composer with There Will Be Blood and The Master.
- We know Nolan is a huge fan of Radiohead.
- Thom Yorke's "Analyze" was played over the end credits of The Prestige.

The stars seem to align.

I think it would be interesting if Nolan completely reinvented himself for this film. New DP, new composer, an all new cast, etc.

I think that Hans Zimmer will score this film, but I totally agree with you that Nolan should tag along Jonny Greenwood & Thom Yorke to write and comopose the score along side Zimmer. Judging by what we know of the story, I imagine this film having a very minimal and atmospheric, electronic score, where electronic and orchestral elements clash.

Was listening "Journey to The Line" and imagining scientists making great discoveries viewing space, entering wormholes. It felt so damn epic, it has to be Hans Zimmer.

Joshua Strong wrote:
This is like my new favourite Radiohead song.

Anyway, if Zimmer does get the job again, perhaps they could get Jonny for the same purpose they used Johnny Marr for Inception.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
Joshua Strong wrote:
This is like my new favourite Radiohead song.

Anyway, if Zimmer does get the job again, perhaps they could get Jonny for the same purpose they used Johnny Marr for Inception.
I love Johnny's guitar playing and was perfect in Inception, I hope Zimmer does another score with him.

It would a nice change of pace if Nolan used less music in Interstellar, just let the ambience play out instead of having music being present in most scenes.

jibran wrote:It would a nice change of pace if Nolan used less music in Interstellar, just let the ambience play out instead of having music being present in most scenes.

I like this idea. The music in TDKR was over bearing at some moments.

Won't be Julyan. I remember listening to a podcast were one of the mixers commented on how much the score was changed after Julyan handed it in. Somehow I got the impression that Nolan was pretty unimpressed with Julyan.

Putting my bucks on Zimmer again. Seems like the two loves working with each other and it has done them both good
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:Won't be Julyan. I remember listening to a podcast were one of the mixers commented on how much the score was changed after Julyan handed it in. Somehow I got the impression that Nolan was pretty unimpressed with Julyan.

Putting my bucks on Zimmer again. Seems like the two loves working with each other and it has done them both good
Score for what film?

jibran wrote:
Robin wrote:Won't be Julyan. I remember listening to a podcast were one of the mixers commented on how much the score was changed after Julyan handed it in. Somehow I got the impression that Nolan was pretty unimpressed with Julyan.

Score for what film?
Prestige.