Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Cool she was racetrack in battlestar galactica

lol method director

Well, IMDB says differently:
It claims her name is Lois. Though of course, IMDB is usually wrong.

thrice wrote:lol method director
Yeah, I like that.
BlairCo wrote:Well, IMDB says differently:
It might be someone speculating based on the script.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
thrice wrote:lol method director
Yeah, I like that.
BlairCo wrote:Well, IMDB says differently:
It might be someone speculating based on the script.
Id probably say its most definitely just speculating on the script

IMDb says that
Kristian Van der Heyden is playing the role of 'Scientist' and is 'Uncredited'? Hmm...

For anyone who is thinking that Chastain will be the older version of Tina (Mackenzie Foy), I just don't see this happening. In set photos, Chastain's hair isn't dyed brown and I just can't see them going from a little brown headed girl to a red head. I don't think there's anyway Caine could be Donald. He'll definitely keep his English accent and Nolan's not gonna have Cooper's southern-ish accent with his dad being British. Donald's gotta be John Lithgow and Caine's gotta be Brand's dad. I think there's a chance that Matt Damon could play Roth. He said in an interview that he did most of his scenes with Matthew Mcconaughey and in Iceland. He also said that his part wasn't very big. Timothee Chalamet will play Tom. I think there's a chance that Wes Bentley could play Tom when he's older. Someone said earlier that Chastain could play Cooper's wife seeing that Nolan might not want another male protagonist with a dead wife. I think that would make sense. Casey Affleck would be great for Doyle. Just my opinion. :twothumbsup:

tdurham wrote:
For anyone who is thinking that Chastain will be the older version of Tina (Mackenzie Foy), I just don't see this happening. In set photos, Chastain's hair isn't dyed brown and I just can't see them going from a little brown headed girl to a red head. I don't think there's anyway Caine could be Donald. He'll definitely keep his English accent and Nolan's not gonna have Cooper's southern-ish accent with his dad being British. Donald's gotta be John Lithgow and Caine's gotta be Brand's dad. I think there's a chance that Matt Damon could play Roth. He said in an interview that he did most of his scenes with Matthew Mcconaughey and in Iceland. He also said that his part wasn't very big. Timothee Chalamet will play Tom. I think there's a chance that Wes Bentley could play Tom when he's older. Someone said earlier that Chastain could play Cooper's wife seeing that Nolan might not want another male protagonist with a dead wife. I think that would make sense. Casey Affleck would be great for Doyle. Just my opinion. :twothumbsup:
I think you're spot on with Timothee Chalamet and John Lithghow as Cooper's son and father, respectively. I'm almost certain that's them in the teaser around 1:21 as Cooper drives away from the farm.

Michael Caine said he's going to be a "professor", and that it's not a large role...perhaps the professor in the beginning who discovers the wormhole?

hotsauce32 wrote:
tdurham wrote:
I think you're spot on with Timothee Chalamet and John Lithghow as Cooper's son and father, respectively. I'm almost certain that's them in the teaser around 1:21 as Cooper drives away from the farm.

Michael Caine said he's going to be a "professor", and that it's not a large role...perhaps the professor in the beginning who discovers the wormhole?
Absolutely. Great points by both.

tdurham wrote:
I agree with you on Lithgow, and Timothee, and probably Caine. I think Topher Grace is playing the older Tom though, because Wes Bentley was filming in Iceland, and Jessica Chastain will still be older Tina. Given that Jessica Chastain's hair has been darker shades of red before, and given that they shaved Joey King's head to play Talia, I don't think they'll have an issue matching them up.