Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
could Elyes Gabel play the role that was originally intended for Irrfan Khan?

Ace
thrice wrote:could Elyes Gabel play the role that was originally intended for Irrfan Khan?
I'm not sure because I think Elyes only has a small role in the film and only filmed in Canada , while Irfan said the reason he couldn't do it was because they needed him for four months worth of shooting.

I would love to have seen this guy in a role in Interstellar. Maybe as a scientist or something. I thought he was a great surprise in TDKR. Shame he wasn't cast.

Check out this video of his career. He's underrated.

http://vimeo.com/m/75958943

He died looking quite odd in TDKR, though.... :lol:

If Brand get played by Hatheway rather than Chastain it will be a huge injustice against the film. Major casting misstep in my opinion.

I'm neither a hatheway or chastain fanboy...so this is about as objective as I can be.

shakaz wrote:If Brand get played by Hatheway rather than Chastain it will be a huge injustice against the film. Major casting misstep in my opinion.

I'm neither a hatheway or chastain fanboy...so this is about as objective as I can be.
It has already been confirmed along time ago Hathaway is playing Brand. Also you're wrong.

Allstar wrote:
shakaz wrote:If Brand get played by Hatheway rather than Chastain it will be a huge injustice against the film. Major casting misstep in my opinion.

It has already been confirmed along time ago Hathaway is playing Brand. Also you're wrong.
Yes.

Found this interview she gave awhile back that briefly mentions "Interstellar"
http://nerdgeist.com/2013/09/19/highlig ... -jacobsen/

"Leah: I just wrapped up shooting on ‘Interstellar’ by Christopher Nolan I signed confidentially agreements so there’s not much i can say.

Aaron: You’re just a big giant tease, aren’t you?

Leah; I am. Basically what i can talk about is what’s already on the internet, nobody even has character names yet.

Aaron: You play an elderly Korean man don’t you?

Leah: Ssshhhh. It’s the sequel to Cloud Atlas. It’s a sci-fi movie and it’s about a wormhole. It’s gonna be awesome.

Q: What’s it like to work with Christopher Nolan and is there a director you would like to work with in the future?

Leah: After working with Christopher Nolan, i would like to work with him again in the future. The guy is a genuis.He was 3 and a half days ahead of schedule by the time we wrapped up the first 3 weeks of shooting. My very first day i was supposed to be in the last scene and i was on set and in rehearsal at 10.30am in the morning. He knows exactly what he wants, he’ll have people firing question after question and he’d have an answer for every single one. I think he might be a little bit of a method Director, he’s in the mode, mellow, calm, creative and he’s just unbelievable."