Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
So some character names have been added to select actors on IMDb if you wanna check that out. I also noticed that…
One of the stunt doubles is for David Gyasi, so maybe he could have one of the more important roles. Anne Hathaway also has a double. Also, looks like Timothee will play Murph so I'm guessing Nolan got rid of Tom altogether. I like the name Murph better anyways. That little detail about Murph's law in the script was pretty neat.
Last edited by tdurham on February 10th, 2014, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anybody know what character Damon might play? Is it possible that since
the 2008 script has the Chinese expedition which failed first out on the ice planet, could Nolan switch things up a bit and maybe remove the Chinese from the film and instead have a future USA expedition which went out first, and then somehow from the whole time warp aspect have the current team discover that it was a USA team that went first? and then somehow have Damon's character be that Chinese robot which was ordered to not let people pass on the ice planet? I'm trying to understand, if Damon said he had a small part in the film, on Iceland - what is his part?!!!

Forgive my being late to the party, but when did William Devane get cast? That's awesome if he is indeed in it - a nice upgrade from his cameo in TDKR. Nolan really does love digging up these forgotten stars.

dsus4gtr wrote:Anybody know what character Damon might play? Is it possible that since
the 2008 script has the Chinese expedition which failed first out on the ice planet, could Nolan switch things up a bit and maybe remove the Chinese from the film and instead have a future USA expedition which went out first, and then somehow from the whole time warp aspect have the current team discover that it was a USA team that went first? and then somehow have Damon's character be that Chinese robot which was ordered to not let people pass on the ice planet? I'm trying to understand, if Damon said he had a small part in the film, on Iceland - what is his part?!!!
I was thinking something similar these days about Matt Damon small role.
He might be playing one of the robots on that lost Chinese expedition. Of course I also believe Christopher changed the Chinese for other American crew or even Russian. Because would be odd see Damon playing a robot with western race on a Chinese expedition.

any idea who's playing Ansen? My guess is William Devane

the child actors look absolutely perfect for their roles

I believe that
Wes Bentley plays
Doyle
David Gyasi plays
Roth
and Bill Irwin plays
Tars/Case?

I agree with you on Bentley.. he plays
Doyle
Bill Irwin is probably
Old Tom
David Gyasi probably plays
Roth

umm..is that a newcomer ?

Rsionis wrote:umm..is that a newcomer ?
Yes, it's been wrong for a while now. Stay on our threads, IMDb fails when it comes to script analysis, at least until the movies are out.