Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Guy Pearce.

For male supporting role or antagonist....

poplar wrote:The villain should be our lack of knowledge.
We have to get this research peer-reviewed before it's too late!
Do you... like pineapple?

Jonas Agersø wrote:Nolan needs a big name for the lead:
Here's the guy:
8-)
I would love this!

Hugh Jackman is coming back, bank on it! ;)
@sammyjankis88

Here's the guy:
8-)

Totally agree, had a post earlier declaring this same thing. I just have a big hunch its going be Pitt. I feel like Nolan wants to work with him and i'm sure the feeling is mutual. When it comes to leading men it is Clooney/Pitt/Leo, I think Nolan wants to work with them specially Leo and Pitt, since he already worked with Leo, think it's Pitt. (can't see Clooney leading a big Sci-Fi)

Also there is the fact that I don't believe Pitt has ever really done a big Sci-Fi movie like this. I could be wrong just did a quick scan of his filmography and I don't remember one of the top of my head. Just a hunch could be totally off. But I'd be more then ok with it.

WelcometoNoLand wrote:
Here's the guy:
8-)

Totally agree, had a post earlier declaring this same thing. I just have a big hunch its going be Pitt. I feel like Nolan wants to work with him and i'm sure the feeling is mutual. When it comes to leading men it is Clooney/Pitt/Leo, I think Nolan wants to work with them specially Leo and Pitt, since he already worked with Leo, think it's Pitt. (can't see Clooney leading a big Sci-Fi)

Also there is the fact that I don't believe Pitt has ever really done a big Sci-Fi movie like this. I could be wrong just did a quick scan of his filmography and I don't remember one of the top of my head. Just a hunch could be totally off. But I'd be more then ok with it.
Brad Pitt sounds great to me. I don't know about "big" sci-fi, exactly, but 12 Monkeys is my favorite time travel film of all time. Plus, the space scenes of Tree of Life might bear some similarities to this (one can only hope), and World War Z definitely qualifies as "big" (it still has a marginal chance of not being awful, but that's neither here nor there).

On another note: could Irrfan Khan join the cast, assuming it's an international space mission? I'm really starting to like him.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
WelcometoNoLand wrote:

Brad Pitt sounds great to me. I don't know about "big" sci-fi, exactly, but 12 Monkeys is my favorite time travel film of all time. Plus, the space scenes of Tree of Life might bear some similarities to this (one can only hope), and World War Z definitely qualifies as "big" (it still has a marginal chance of not being awful, but that's neither here nor there).

On another note: could Irrfan Khan join the cast, assuming it's an international space mission? I'm really starting to like him.
or Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
gib sigs

WelcometoNoLand wrote:
Here's the guy:
8-)

Totally agree, had a post earlier declaring this same thing. I just have a big hunch its going be Pitt. I feel like Nolan wants to work with him and i'm sure the feeling is mutual. When it comes to leading men it is Clooney/Pitt/Leo, I think Nolan wants to work with them specially Leo and Pitt
Add Matt Damon to that list. I can see him and Nolan working together in the future.

Rutger Hauer please