Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
EnzoTheBaker wrote:I think if this ends up being a ground-breaking astronaut or other exploratory mission, which seems likely at this point in speculation, there might be age restrictions on the main cast. A crew travelling through a wormhole would probably be in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, meaning the cast would be as well. Not to say that there won't be room for Michael Caine as a wise, aged mentor, but he might be stuck in the control room.
Hadn't thought of that before. That made me think of this quote from Nolan regarding the 8-year gap between TDK and TDKR and has me wondering how he'll deal with the time travel element.
It’s a time period that is not so far ahead that we would have to do crazy makeup or anything — which I think would be distracting
Maybe they'll only travel forward and back 8 years :lol:

I want to see Lukas Haas again.
Do you... like pineapple?

With so little known about the plot and therefore the cast of characters it seems premature to throw out a list of names for Interstellar...

However based on the general concept suggesting an ensemble cast of explorers / scientists, I think it would be interesting to speculate that as a deep space exporation misson this could consist of a group of young to middle-aged crew from varying nationalities/enthnicities and backgrounds making up earth's greatest minds so to speak? My cast based on this concept (and Nolan's penchant for working with recurring actors):

Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Natalie Portman
Tom Hardy
Zoe Saldana
Jean Dujardin
Javier Bardem
Ken Watanabe

Durden wrote:I would love to see Chastain and Bale work together. would be my fanboy dream.
YES PLEASE. :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited:

Someone else already said it, but i would love to see David Bowie in this. He's putting out a new album this year, so he's active again in the entertainmemt world.

Also, hi NolanFans!

Some actors I'd like to see working with Nolan from QoH's post
Carey Mulligan, David Thewlis, Guy Pearce & Aaron Eckhart
And even though I'd like to see Ruffalo & Cheadle, they are busy right now with one blockbuster franchise so I don't know about them. :think:
gib sigs

jibran wrote:I want to see Lukas Haas again.
Yeah in a small role I would like to see either Lukas Haas or Josh Stewart again.

I would love to seen Benedict Cumberbatch in this but at the same time, I want him to come back to Sherlock. :?

What would you guys think of Eddie Redmayne?

blueberryicedcoffee wrote:What would you guys think of Eddie Redmayne?
He was pretty damn impressive in Les Miserables. I wouldn't mind him working with Nolan.