Few stills from Hoytema's backyard IMAX Test

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Managed to grab a hold of the workprint test Hoytema shot some footage in (his?) backyard. Obviously I don't have the time to put the entire 22 minute reel online as the file is mindnumbingly massive. I also had to downres and recrop for data purposes so obviously the final images look less than the ideal Imax resolution, which is incredible. I'd guess well over 75% of the resolution was lost due to the conversion of the stills. Also excluded any test footage of people due to not wanting to put, what I'm guessing are his family members, on public display. Last bit of mention is that all testing was probably done handheld, probably a shoulder mount as there was no smooth movement in tracking shots you would find on steadicams, gimbals, etc.

I'll list some of the info gathered from the workprint:

Imax cam 9802 version, shot on Hasselblad ultra prime lens
Shot on Kodak 50D 5203 negative stock and printed on Kodak 2383 for finishing
This footage was worked on by Fotokem labs in Burbank

On additional note, please don't ask personal questions and who I am. I'm just sharing some pictures for Nolan/Cinematography enthusiasts. Please enjoy.

neat, but couldn't you just downrez the video?

awesome, thanks

awesome!

first pic, is that a tangerine?

those colors are nuts, the sky :shock:

Pratham wrote:first pic, is that a tangerine?

Pratham wrote:first pic, is that a tangerine?
It's a tangerine, the size of a ruby.

Great pics.

cchriswake wrote:
October 29th, 2016, 8:58 pm
Managed to grab a hold of the workprint test Hoytema shot some footage in (his?) backyard. Obviously I don't have the time to put the entire 22 minute reel online as the file is mindnumbingly massive. I also had to downres and recrop for data purposes so obviously the final images look less than the ideal Imax resolution, which is incredible. I'd guess well over 75% of the resolution was lost due to the conversion of the stills. Also excluded any test footage of people due to not wanting to put, what I'm guessing are his family members, on public display. Last bit of mention is that all testing was probably done handheld, probably a shoulder mount as there was no smooth movement in tracking shots you would find on steadicams, gimbals, etc.

I'll list some of the info gathered from the workprint:

Imax cam 9802 version, shot on Hasselblad ultra prime lens
Shot on Kodak 50D 5203 negative stock and printed on Kodak 2383 for finishing
This footage was worked on by Fotokem labs in Burbank

On additional note, please don't ask personal questions and who I am. I'm just sharing some pictures for Nolan/Cinematography enthusiasts. Please enjoy.

upload the vid.