Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 12:04 am
On the topic of mis interpreting Interstellar, here is the only video by Leon Thomas Aka: Renegade cut, on wich i disagree wholeheartedly, it seems to me than Leon dislikes Nolan, perhaps he thinks he is a conservative (maybe because of the dark knight trilogy)
its a bit sad because i almost always agree fully and apreciate Leon`s work, i like his politics, but this video feels like a diss, glorified and sophisticated nit picking of subtext the movie doesnt even have, he also disliked Dunkirk, when a follower asked him why he didnt review it, he answered "because it was bad"
not even TDKR gets as much critisism as Interstellar

I generally don't like Leon's videos...and his takes on Nolan are super annoying, reductive, and unengaged. Leon doesn't like Nolan because he doesn't like his fans. Leon spends too much time on the internet getting into internet discourse. Also, his "politics" are just American discourses points. He is also hypocrit...his videos on 3 Billboards criticizes the cringy racisms in it, but he still said it was one of his favorite movies of the year.

His videos are too obvious in their analysis...he reminds me of Devin Firaci, if Firaci had a philosophy degree. They have this smug attitude, making them seem like a bigger dorks, much like the movie-bob guy.

The rerelease of Christopher Nolan's Interstellar in China continues to perform well despite the difficult operating environment. Debuting last Sunday with $2.8 million, Interstellar made $4.2 million in its second weekend to take second place, its gross once again boosted by its presence in higher priced IMAX theaters. Including its original run, the 2014 sci-fi epic, which stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain, has now made $119.5 million in China.

Interstellar's strong performance and Nolan's name recognition in China bodes well for the Middle Kingdom release of his high concept sci-fi movie Tenet, which has cleared the country's censors and is set to be released on Sept. 4.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rs-1306615

Well, that's nice

ChristNolan wrote:
November 5th, 2014, 9:20 am
ChristNolan wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
How would you rank the performances?
McC
--------
Chastain
Foye
Hathaway
Irwin
Damon
Caine
Gyasi
Bentley

--------
The rest basically.

Everyone seriously brings their A game regardless of ranking, without a doubt. There are some genuinely heartbreaking moments specifically with McC. This is Matthew's film, an absolute home run by the guy. The dude made me cry lol. Anne brings a nice stern maturity that sort of offsets Matthew's "playfulness", if you will. Their chemistry is rock solid throughout. Chastain brings an intense inner rage that you can tell burns within the character. I mean she really seems heartbroken every second onscreen except when shes working her mojo; then she is in her zone, her zen. Beautiful acting on her part.

Mackenzie Foy is a name to watch out for. That girl can flat out act. I bought every moment she was onscreen with Matthew, it was just wonderful. Where a girl that young could find that emotion and make it seem so genuine, I have no idea. Bravo to Nolan, I guess.

And...I'm wayyy too sleep deprived to keep going :lol: So for now, that's all I'll type up.
a girl that young could find that emotion and it seems so genuine. Only Nolan can do that no doubt about it.

To be honest, I was only able to view Interstellar completely from the third time. It seemed to me that the film was heavy. But when I did watch it completely - it's incredible! I think this is one of the best films I've ever seen!

Ace

Interstellar number 1 on Letterboxd with the most fans!
The film has really grown in popularity over the last several years.