Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 20th, 2020, 12:04 am
On the topic of mis interpreting Interstellar, here is the only video by Leon Thomas Aka: Renegade cut, on wich i disagree wholeheartedly, it seems to me than Leon dislikes Nolan, perhaps he thinks he is a conservative (maybe because of the dark knight trilogy)
its a bit sad because i almost always agree fully and apreciate Leon`s work, i like his politics, but this video feels like a diss, glorified and sophisticated nit picking of subtext the movie doesnt even have, he also disliked Dunkirk, when a follower asked him why he didnt review it, he answered "because it was bad"
not even TDKR gets as much critisism as Interstellar

I generally don't like Leon's videos...and his takes on Nolan are super annoying, reductive, and unengaged. Leon doesn't like Nolan because he doesn't like his fans. Leon spends too much time on the internet getting into internet discourse. Also, his "politics" are just American discourses points. He is also hypocrit...his videos on 3 Billboards criticizes the cringy racisms in it, but he still said it was one of his favorite movies of the year.

His videos are too obvious in their analysis...he reminds me of Devin Firaci, if Firaci had a philosophy degree. They have this smug attitude, making them seem like a bigger dorks, much like the movie-bob guy.