New concept: "Why Are They Here...?"

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
Although it has some similarities with Visitors, District 9 (the shots from a documentary about the Joanesburgo Sowetos =Favelas in Rio de Janeiro) and The Day the Earth Stood Still, directing it has a documentary it's interesting, mostly due to the non-existent contact between aliens and humans. During the film, we could create the doubt that if the aliens will or not contact the humans. And the end could be a ship attacking the population.

In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il5xxb6Y_lg, we can see an expert team in special effects. So it's just a tip for someone who has experience and would solve our problems of special effects.

Then we have to see which the crew would be like. These are what I think important charges. I know they are a lot...
PRODUTION:
- Producer;
- Executive Producer, if someone wants to make donations;
- Director;
- 1st and 2nd Assistant Director;
- Script Supervisor;
- Casting Director;
WRITING:
- Script Writer;
- Storyboarder;
SHOOTING:
- Camera Operator;
- 1st and 2nd Camera Assistants;
- Art Director/Illustrator;
- Costume Supervisor, Make up and Hairdresser;
- Director of Photography;
SOUND:
- Soundtrack Compositor;
- Sound Mixer;
- Sound Designer;
- Sound/Dialogue Editor;
IMAGE:
- Editor;
- Animator;
- 3D Computer Modelator;
- Special Effects Supervisor;
- Colorist;

Then we have to see how much are we going to spend in this movie, his duration, do we have the equipment needed, which is the equipment and in what format are we going to shoot. Than we have to choose which cities are we going to shoot, and if we are even able to shoot each city. There will be cities like New York, LA, London, Rio, Paris, Berlim, Madrid, Pequim, Tokyo...

So let's start... First of all, we need a script writer, a story boarder and illustrator. Than director(es) and producer(s)... So let's start, shall we?

I also believe that the intro has to be something special
i would like to be a writer and director but i'd also like to write a 5 minute (max) intro

I'd love to write a few good scenes that are completely achievable, and maybe market the project. I consider myself a pretty good writer. :D

I see that we have two candidates to be the screenwriters: #1fan and Mason01. So write something and show us :D
I would like, if no one boders, as I don't have any experience, to be one of the producers and do some work as writer if it's needed, like some revisions or something. So if anybody wants to collaborate, please say. I also think we should erase the topics about the other movie and concentrate just in this one.

And Mason01, what do you mean with "market the project"?

henriquefialho wrote:And Mason01, what do you mean with "market the project"?
well what do you want to do with the finished project?
youtube maybe but i think he may have broader intentions

henriquefialho wrote:And Mason01, what do you mean with "market the project"?
Marketing on websites, uploading to various sources (like YouTube and Vimeo) and some other stuff. I can't really know what to do with it until it's completed, really.

yes. we can upload it in nolanfans youtube channel and create another in vimeo. but I thought you were talking about the movie making profit. Does anybody know any way that it can do some? Or it isn't one objective of ours?

If people do in fact think it's too similar to (D9) we can always use a different topic and use the same "setup" for how the project is set up.

This project overall, I believe, could work very well. The differences in footage, etc. would actually probably be really cool if we're trying to make it seem like the footage is being shot all around the world (and that very well may be the case in real life, too).

Just as a suggestion maybe a short would be better to do first, then try something longer. Whether it's different or the same as this idea, I think it might be a good way to learn how we're going to get it done overall. A "crash course" for us, if you will.

I'd be in for this one on any fronts (writing, directing, editing, etc.), also.

I think the way it is thought by Erik it's good. It has some similarities with a lot of films. It's normal. Nowadays it's impossible to create anything without any influences. I think this non-existent contact is the "revolutionary thing".
But first of all, anyone to wants to be a writer should write something to serve as a base in the construction of a final script.
I do think this can have success :D