Skype Discussions Nov 15, 2011

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
Discussions with movieman on the preparations.
1. audio tests with filming to see how it all works.
2. communicate with the cast on scheduling
3. check #1fan's test results.

Movieman will proceed with actual shooting once all of this has been completed. As decided by Erik in the Crew post, theweatherman will act as the overall guide in actual filming process.

Will check up with #1fan when possible. Once movieman is satisfied with everything, he can move to actual filming.

hey i havnt done the shots yet, but i will have them done soon.

I will be there! I know I keep going under the radar but I need to see some test footage to see how to film my
part!

xWhereAmI? wrote:I will be there! I know I keep going under the radar but I need to see some test footage to see how to film my
part!
Ask movieman where he is going to place the body on the ground. Look at the pavement/asphalt and find a location that matches this kind of ground. It does not have to be a complete match, because your segment is the 'real' victim, while in movieman's segment it is just a record of someones memory.
I think your segment could be shot within a week if you are already standing by...
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I've got photos of the room in general. Unfortunately I don't have footage. I could get some in a couple days, and if all is well with the formatting and editing, I can shoot my sequence during our Thanksgiving break (Mid-to-Late next week).

I just need to get some reps in with my equipment and get you guys some footage.

And I'll be there.

Should I maybe film my segment first, then you can look at stills/the shots of where the victim is and find something to match the look as much as possible? I haven't figured the exact spot of the victim, but if you did it afterwards we would have guaranteed consistency.

Nothinbutm- I think you are able to add files to our dropbox account. You can leave any photos/clips there and we can then view them.

movieman1005 wrote:Should I maybe film my segment first, then you can look at stills/the shots of where the victim is and find something to match the look as much as possible? I haven't figured the exact spot of the victim, but if you did it afterwards we would have guaranteed consistency.

Nothinbutm- I think you are able to add files to our dropbox account. You can leave any photos/clips there and we can then view them.
Can somebody pop me some instructions through PM?

NothinButM wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:Should I maybe film my segment first, then you can look at stills/the shots of where the victim is and find something to match the look as much as possible? I haven't figured the exact spot of the victim, but if you did it afterwards we would have guaranteed consistency.

Can somebody pop me some instructions through PM?
I think it's better to post instructions here (SANS THE ACTUAL ACCOUNT) so we don't get these questions often.

Basically, install Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com/) and then set up with movieman's account details. All the pictures and video footages are there. If you need any help, reach out to movieman, George or #1fan as I'd presume they were able to set it up on Windows. I use Ubuntu, so chances are, it's going to look different here.

I'll PM the Dropbox account access.

I don't particularly agree with filming the segment as final, but if you get pictures and a possible representational photo of the ground, that will do. What I don't want is filming footage that won't end up in the final cut, so only do the actual segment filming when in actual shooting.