Skype Discussion Today

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
#1fan and I spoke today basically to clear up how our pre-production process works. He has done some research over some of the technical details that movieman wants to do, but I stressed the importance of showing results for the tests done. We're on the same page so anything he needs, he'll ask the directors. For the directors, you should provide your test materials as well as any shots that need testing.

I think each director should read their segmants, and highlight what special effects, editing techniques are needed

#1fan wrote:I think each director should read their segmants, and highlight what special effects, editing techniques are needed
Good idea.

I don't remember if #1fan tested any of my footage with the bandw and the pleasantville effect, but that's pretty much what I need.

I'm doing the three robbery segments, as well as the interrogations with the witnesses.

movieman1005 wrote:I don't remember if #1fan tested any of my footage with the bandw and the pleasantville effect, but that's pretty much what I need.

I'm doing the three robbery segments, as well as the interrogations with the witnesses.
#1fan, you have your requests from movieman. Let's get crackin when you have the time to do so. Remember to put your results on Dropbox or if it's too large, I suggest just slapping it on Youtube (private URL).

Any of the clips can be tested with the bandw (more importantly the clips that were modified on September 19 rather than the 12th). The one shot that would probably be best for testing the pleasantville effect would be clip 009 (actually I believe the modification date says September 20th on that particular clip). It would be trying to make it so everything in the frame was bandw except for that blue truck. I think it might be helpful to also look particularly starting at 00:39 mark to make sure the entire frame looks good (but of course looking at the entire clip would be beneficial)

And please fell free to turn the volume off, the horrible sound of my excessive gum chewing will probably annoy the heck out of you.

alright, im super busy right now as i have dead lines for 2 projects, i will have these tests done within a week or so

thank ya, sir

When are we gonna be able to see this thing? If I may ask.

solo2001 wrote:When are we gonna be able to see this thing? If I may ask.
Not anytime soon, Jon. We're taking things step by step in pre-production.