Third Meeting's Minutes

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
Attended:
movieman1005
George
niniendowarrior

movieman posted more footages and snapshots (7am local time) of his locations on DropBox. He was not able to go to the ideal location but managed to get shots of the vicinity. He still plans to go the ideal location and shoot. movieman has another location spotted he wants to take pictures of.

movieman raised issue that his camera does not handle low light shots so we need testing on post production.

Discussion was done with what to storyboard and movieman thinks it's entirely optional.

Minor discussion on image corruption on one of movieman's clips. Maybe an isolated issue.

George was setup to use Dropbox and managed to access some of movieman's materials. Problems were found with his editor not able to open m2t file formats. Investigation ongoing to resolve this.

Initial experiments done on Sony Vegas Pro on some of the frames to produce black and white shots as well as those that keep colour on specific objects. Some shots look good, but some look too bright. movieman's process on colour editing also exposes the sky as blue along with the blue car which is not ideal since the shots are supposed to take place at night (which is the idea of changing to black and white).

movieman will shoot some clips with audio this time to test possible ambient noise issues in his video clips. He believes he can clean it out (alternatively so can post) but we are going to determine how much needs to be done in post and how much isn't.

movieman has an update on an interested individual who responded on his ads.

To follow:
interrogation test footages.
movieman needs to talk with #1fan on whether his editor supports m2t.

niniendowarrior wrote: To follow:
interrogation test footages.
movieman needs to talk with #1fan on whether his editor supports m2t.

Adobe Premiere CS4 (with After Affects if needed)
ill follow up on that m2t file going along with that

Great. Would have hoped you could join us, but maybe you can join on the 4th director's meeting. We do need to iron out all these possible editing issues. We have tons of test clips from movieman's Dropbox, so it's something you can play with.

i don't have a webcam and i have no plans for going overseas but over skype i can use the text box

#1fan wrote:i don't have a webcam and i have no plans for going overseas but over skype i can use the text box
We don't actually need a webcam as we do use the text chatting. :D

niniendowarrior wrote:
#1fan wrote:i don't have a webcam and i have no plans for going overseas but over skype i can use the text box
We don't actually need a webcam as we do use the text chatting. :D
:lol: :lol: