Page 5 of 5
Posted: September 7th, 2011, 2:06 pm
Good work guys, I hope the meeting helped! Curious for the result/summit of the meeting, but I'll wait for it to be posted.
And I'm back home again, by the way!
Posted: September 7th, 2011, 6:48 pm
Erik, we're planning to have another meeting next week just to see the progress of where everything is. You should join in when possible. NothingbutM should be providing the details of what had been discussed soon.
Posted: September 8th, 2011, 5:08 am
Good, I'll try to be there.
Posted: September 8th, 2011, 9:40 am
I am so sorry I could not make the meeting. I had family issues that needed to be solved. Hopefully I can make a different meeting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Also, I am ready to film my part. I just need to know by the next meeting what type of look we are trying to get.
Posted: September 9th, 2011, 11:41 pm
- Movieman1005 casting for the remaining roles.
o There were some concerns by the lack of response to his listings on craigslist.
o Possibly casting someone who is different than the description for Angie’s role?
o Two universities near his area where he can do casting calls for the project.
- Touched on character depiction (needs more emphasis among directors).
o How we depict our characters is going to dictate somewhat on how our cinematography is for that scene.
- For the directors, we agreed it would be great to set something up with the editors where we shoot some test shots to see if they can mesh with everyone’s different equipment.
o Test shots of what we will be shooting essentially. Such as a street (or some streets) that movieman1005 is comfortable with using and see how the look is.
o Experiment with lighting and angles
- Movieman1005 and Nothinbutm agreed that there will be contrasting themes (visually) for the different sequences.
o The present sequences with the private investigators (Nothinbutm’s sequences) will be shot and edited in color.
o The interrogation and flashback sequences (Movieman1005) will be shot in color but edited and rendered in black and white.
o Some of the footage is going to be shot in digital format. We’re hoping through the editors’ skills that there can be a small amount of grain added and maintained throughout the project, thus giving it a “film” feel.
- The directors will begin scene scouting very soon for their sequences.
- Some of the beginning footage of the first sequence needs to be made available to Nothinbutm so that he can have that portion playing when the DVD is inserted and the transition to the interrogation sequences begin.
- Setup an FTP server for easier file-sharing among the group?
- Begin developing scenes, angles, looks, scene transitions, etc. to begin our concept art on the scenes.
o Get the concepts, ideas, and pictures of locales together to refer them to Anita.
o Get descriptions for every scene. Also, to send to Anita.
- Filming specs: 1920 x 1080; 24 frame rate.
o The other details we need to hash out. I think I found a lossless video codec we can use but I haven’t tested it yet. The format in which it’s rendered needs to be decided on also, although the lossless codec only exports in .avi as far as I can tell.
o An audio codec needs to be decided on.
- The pacing of our scenes is going to differ. We’re planning on starting off on a slow, steady pace with the intro involving the title and with the private investigators.
o Throughout the piece, the pace will change from time to time depending on the character’s persona and the situation which is being filmed.
- Always “Shoot more than you think you need”
- Next meeting is at 10 P.M. EST (which is 3 A.M. GMT) this upcoming Monday.
o If you want to attend. Add me on Skype under “nothinbutminer” and send me a message saying who you are. That way I can add you and direct you to the group conversation.